IGNORED

1200XL Owners Club (serial tracker)

kheller2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The 1200XL serial list is holding at 630 entries.  It seems there has been a slow down in 1200XL sales/listings.

Cue The A-Team theme:

"If you know of a 1200XL, if someone you know does, and if you can look at it, maybe you can submit the serial..."

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, misteradrianblack said:

It has the Best keyboard membrane (but still has a few keys not working properly,

If it has the new best keyboard membrane installed and there are key problems I expect it just needs opening up to see the gold contact on the keyboard's PBC are making proper contact with the Best mylar. I can't imagine the Best keyboard membrane it's self wil have failed. :)

Perhaps the person who installed the new membrane failed to realise that he needs to scrape the hardened old adhesive off the gold contacts where the membrane contacts meet the PCB. That replacement is supplied with a shim which should not even be necessary if the keyboard repair is done properly.

Edited by flashjazzcat
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, flashjazzcat said:

Perhaps the person who installed the new membrane failed to realise that he needs to scrape the hardened old adhesive off the gold contacts where the membrane contacts meet the PCB. That replacement is supplied with a shim which should not even be necessary if the keyboard repair is done properly.

It's not that, it's just 3 keys (tab, 2 and 5) and they work just not well. It depends on how I push the keycap/slider down.... like 2 works if I push on the edge of the keycap, but not in the middle of left side. etc. A bad membrane contact will surely result in entire rows or bunches of keys not working. 

1 hour ago, misteradrianblack said:

It's not that, it's just 3 keys (tab, 2 and 5) and they work just not well. It depends on how I push the keycap/slider down.... like 2 works if I push on the edge of the keycap, but not in the middle of left side. etc. A bad membrane contact will surely result in entire rows or bunches of keys not working. 

Very true. I guess dismantling the keyboard and cleaning the contacts under the problem keys will be the way to go, then.

• 2 months later...

I honestly can't remember if this is my original 1200XL or not. If it is, my father couldn't find an 800XL for Christmas and ended up buying the floor model 1200XL from either Fretter Appliance or Highland Appliance in the Detroit metro area in the early 80's. I'll take it apart for the date sticker in the next day or so. I'll need to cuz the keyboard is completely non-functional (of course)

1200_SN.jpg

• 1 month later...

"019474" only appears once.

however, "009242" "005980" and "01337" were listed twice.  I'm starting to not trust Google docs, but one of the errors was in the original first post here.  I used to have a bunch of scripts that would validate and find these errors, but since moving to "the cloud" I no longer run those checks.  Time to dig them out and run things locally again.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...