IGNORED

Elevators Amiss Label Contest

I think this is sort of a tough one just because of the subject matter. If the maid is running down a hallway, how is the elevator a threat? I know it's overthinking but when you draw these scenarios you sort of go through that thought process.

Having said that, Robert Gomez has done an excellent job with his entry. Great illustration, interesting composition, and he's even been able to explain why a maid in a hallway is afraid of an elevator by drawing it crash through the ceiling. I'm curious how that image was made. Is it all vector art?

I also really like Patricio Cuello's entry. It makes a subtle change to the existing sprite graphic that does a great job of explaining the concept. And the colorful background makes it stand out and is a subtle nod to classic Atari graphics, particularly Activision stuff.

I like Korey's designs. Plain....neat....straight to the point. Particularly his second entry.....thats always been my favorite label type.

Lotta good entries. Kudos to whoever wins.

The overall design on Korey's seems nice, but if I didn't know the thing chasing the maid was an elevator I don't think I'd be able to recognize it as one.

My favorite is Robert Gomez's. The elevator clearly poses a hazard, the maid looks like a maid, and she has an expression worthy of the situation.

Now Janell i cant help it that label has a classic look to it like the cover of the Saturday Evening Post. ;)

Oh, absolutely, I agree... very "nostalgic"!

I just looked at the new ones just submitted... and I am glad I am not the one choosing the winner... it would be really hard to decide. All of you have done really great work... and even if ya don't win... be proud of the wonderful job you have done. :)

Edited by JellE

I really like Joel Peguero (Entry #1) and Robert Gomez's. Nice work!

I'm somewhat ashamed to admit this, but I cannot for the life of me tell what the illustration is supposed to be in Joel Peguero #s 1 & 2 labels. Anyone help me out?

And lots of nice labels! ;)

I really like Joel Peguero (Entry #1) and Robert Gomez's. Nice work!

I'm somewhat ashamed to admit this, but I cannot for the life of me tell what the illustration is supposed to be in Joel Peguero #s 1 & 2 labels. Anyone help me out?

And lots of nice labels! ;)

To get to the top floor you will need to race along each floor of the building to the stairs, my label are stairs, but in a minimalistic way, open you're mind to see diferent thins.

Thanks for the compliment!

I really like David Vazquez's label. But then, I'm always a little biased towards cartoonists. ;)

There's some great poses there, and he really captures some fun expressions with the maid. Plus, his maid looks like the one in the game.

Thanks for the compliment!

I really like David Vazquez's label. But then, I'm always a little biased towards cartoonists. ;)

There's some great poses there, and he really captures some fun expressions with the maid. Plus, his maid looks like the one in the game.

Thanks! ;)

... you took the word right out of my mouth! :D

btw, ...Robert Gomez :thumbsup:

Edited by espire8