IGNORED

Elevators Amiss Label Contest

Nathan Strum and Robert Gomez have delivered some really nice labels, but my personal favorite got to be David Vazquez' - underwriting Nathan's comments here; plus I like how the label captures the gameplay.

My special favorite is Patricio Cuello's - cool take on Edward Munch!

Would make for a superb title screen :)

Having said that, Robert Gomez has done an excellent job with his entry. Great illustration, interesting composition, and he's even been able to explain why a maid in a hallway is afraid of an elevator by drawing it crash through the ceiling. I'm curious how that image was made. Is it all vector art?

Thanks. This was all done in Photoshop CS2. I use a pressure-sensitive graphics tablet to do most of the digital painting, but I use paths in Photoshop to mask off areas when I need to create hard lines. Paths are photoshop's pseudo-vector art feature, no where near as flexible as Flash or Illustrator's vector engines, but it gets the job done.

Edited by Tantalus

This was all done in Photoshop CS2. I use a pressure-sensitive graphics tablet to do most of the digital painting, but I use paths in Photoshop to mask off areas when I need to create hard lines.

Nice work. I used a similar tehnique with the Wolfenstein label except I used Illustrator to create flat shapes of color then I brought into Photoshop for painting. In hindsight, much more work than it needed to be than if I used Photoshop paths.

What size is the original? My guess is you worked fairly large and shrunk it down to final size? I see some brush strokes in there but it looks really smooth. Almost like a 3D, posterized cartoon render.

I've been so busy I forgot to post that I Have Chosen A Winner!

And the winner is...Nathan Strum's Label #1!!!

Thanks very much to everyone who submitted a label, it is great fun and very flattering to look through all of them and make the hard decision to pick just one. :)

I've been so busy I forgot to post that I Have Chosen A Winner!

And the winner is...Nathan Strum's Label #1!!!

Thanks very much to everyone who submitted a label, it is great fun and very flattering to look through all of them and make the hard decision to pick just one. :)

Congratulations Nathan! You made the honors! :D I thought Gomez had this one as really I liked his entry better than my own but hey, you got the gold!.

• 4 months later...