IGNORED

What is a C45042 chip?

Rik1138

I have recently obtained this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=140117285329

and the chip that's buried in there is a C45024. Oddly, that doesn't come up on a Google search (well, as a chip anyway), anyone know what this is? I figured it was something Atari used in a computer or system, but I'm really familiar with the boards in the computers...

Just thought I'd ask... :roll:

Complete numbers from the chip:

C45042

C012409

is a logo, it looks like an old version of the Simtek logo... Maybe a RAM chip? I was just kind of surprised that it didn't even show up in Part Miner or any of those types of sites when I Google'd it (like every other chip I try to find info on...).

Rik

I have recently obtained this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=140117285329

and the chip that's buried in there is a C45024. Oddly, that doesn't come up on a Google search (well, as a chip anyway), anyone know what this is? I figured it was something Atari used in a computer or system, but I'm really familiar with the boards in the computers...

Just thought I'd ask... :roll:

Complete numbers from the chip:

C45042

C012409

is a logo, it looks like an old version of the Simtek logo... Maybe a RAM chip? I was just kind of surprised that it didn't even show up in Part Miner or any of those types of sites when I Google'd it (like every other chip I try to find info on...).

Rik

C012409 would be the Atari part number. Most likely a ROM chip from some cartridge that was from a bad batch or overstocked.