IGNORED

Oric programming

atari2600land

I'm interested in learning how to program games for the Oric after seeing all those nifty games in previous mini-game compos. Is there like a site that teaches how to? What do I need in order to program for it, and who here knows how to?

-Chris

Best place to get help and information is Defence-Force. It's not as active as AA, but there are people there still coding for the Oric.

For development, I would recommend the Oric Software Development Kit. It's a C cross compiler called LCC-65, I believe is is based on CC65, but is specifically for Oric.

I cannot get OSDK to work. From the installation read-me
If you install the OSDK on your drive C:\ in a folder OSDK, you simply have to add the following line in your AUTOEXEC.BAT:

And yet, I can't find a file called autoexec.bat in the OSDK folder.

the autoexec.bat should be in the root dircetory on your C: drive. It is an initialisation file for DOS/Windows. If it's not there, you can create it

I've never even heard of it until I got into the minigame compo! (of course, I was born in the early 80s and the only thing I knew when I was a little kid was the Commodore 64.) I've heard of the word "Atari," but didn't connect it to anything until I got a 2600 a few years ago.

I see you've joined the Oric forum as well now. I shall endeavour to answer as many of your questions there, however, I will not have an internet connection for about a week or two from the start of next week.

I have zipped up the Oric-1 manual for you. It's still 2.8MB, but small enough for dial-up.

I don't believe there are many changes between the Oric-1 and the Atmos regarding BASIC. Euphoric works as an Atmos by default.

Edited by Pengwin