IGNORED

Warp OS 32-in-1 pre-orders for the XEGS!

best send a PM or e-mail to Steve "Classics" at atarimax.com

If there is, or if you can adapt the current one, he will tell you

I'd like you said, I've ask Steve and this is what I got for an answer :cool:

Hi Walter,

I can do a Warp+ OS board for the XEGS, but it would require

pre-orders for at least 10 kits to make it possible. If you know anyone

who might be going in with you on a pre-order to make it possible

let me know.

Steve

I'm all over that as soon I as my XEGS comes in. Is here any other XEGS user like to get the update?

Edited by walter_J64bit

maybe you should change the topic title and try and generate some more interest

I was thinking the same thing. Oh here are the prices.

same price as the existing boards. $49.99 + shipping for the kit, or $79.99 + shipping with installation. The

installation price includes return shipping of the computer within the US.

Steve

Edited by walter_J64bit

What there aren't 10 XEGS user here? :ponder:

Well, I have an XEGS, but I don't have any real interest in a 32-in-1 for it... don't like using it, it's ugly, the keyboard is awful, and the audio is the worst of any Atari I've ever heard. Would rather do a 32-in-1 for the 800XL I just got working, if I had any money to spend.

Probably lots of other people here have an XEGS too, but don't use it as their primary machine. I see a lot of 800XL and 1200XL 32-in-1 users (I've got one in my 1200XL myself), the XEGS just isn't that popular.

Sorry if that sounds negative, it really isn't meant to be...

Well, I have an XEGS, but I don't have any real interest in a 32-in-1 for it... don't like using it, it's ugly, the keyboard is awful, and the audio is the worst of any Atari I've ever heard.

Pretty much the same story here. I have two 32-in-1 enhanced machines (130XE, 1200XL) and the mod is kick ass! However I don't have much interest in doing the same (or other for that matter) upgrade to the XEGS. It's a cool machine and all, but has no svideo output and the keyboard which is used often in some way or another for many games, just sucks on it. And having to keep the keyboard attached ruins the implied simplicity and form factor of the machine anyhow.

Id do it however extra flow is in short supply - Id want to get 31n1, mem upgrade and MyIDE in some form or fashion so it would be a $200 trip for me ;)

I'm looking to get a MyIDE soon I hope, I'll have brake away from using SuperDos 5.1 :( Why doesn't have Hard Drive support! :mad:

Edited by walter_J64bit