IGNORED

Lead

seemo

Lead and its music go together like Sergio Leone movies with Ennio Morricone orchestration.

Nuff' said. Basta! :)

Agreed! Same goes for Omicron. To mute them would be blasphemy :music:

OK, I see that I have dropped into the center of some strange cult where all of the members have some kind of strange Emperor's New Clothes type of ear disease. If you think the 'music' sounds great, that's fine, but I don't want to join your cult, so put your pamphlets away. There are already options to choose from, so I thought my question was perfectly valid. If I would have known this was a cult, I wouldn't have asked my perfectly valid question to avoid getting anyone's panties in a bunch, so please ignore my question and go back to dancing around a fire in the nude or whatever you do for fun. :D

OK, I see that I have dropped into the center of some strange cult where all of the members have some kind of strange Emperor's New Clothes type of ear disease. If you think the 'music' sounds great, that's fine, but I don't want to join your cult, so put your pamphlets away. There are already options to choose from, so I thought my question was perfectly valid. If I would have known this was a cult, I wouldn't have asked my perfectly valid question to avoid getting anyone's panties in a bunch, so please ignore my question and go back to dancing around a fire in the nude or whatever you do for fun. :D

ok the answer is no. there is no option in game to turn off the music.

I think the question just seemed weird to most of us as the music is a definite highlight of the game and pretty complex for an atari game. also if you looked at the options it would seem pretty clear there is no "none" option.

was the 4k version ever released separately? it seems most like the early 8k versions.

Edited by jbrodack

Retrospective(?): Lead 16k for the Atari 2600
Ok, so this isn't technically much of a retrospective, but bear with me since the Atari 2600 is involved. There's a whole subculture of programmers who love programming for obsolete hardware. I'm sure anyone reading this blog can understand that there are several good reasons for such a hobby. Some do it for the challenge. Some do it out of love for their old hardware. One of the most interesting things that comes of this is the amazing ways that programmers can push hardware to it's limits. The beauty of these efforts doesn't always shine through to the surface but sometimes it does, as you will see in Lead 16k for the Atari 2600...

Retrospective(?): Lead 16k for the Atari 2600
Ok, so this isn't technically much of a retrospective, but bear with me since the Atari 2600 is involved. There's a whole subculture of programmers who love programming for obsolete hardware. I'm sure anyone reading this blog can understand that there are several good reasons for such a hobby. Some do it for the challenge. Some do it out of love for their old hardware. One of the most interesting things that comes of this is the amazing ways that programmers can push hardware to it's limits. The beauty of these efforts doesn't always shine through to the surface but sometimes it does, as you will see in Lead 16k for the Atari 2600...

Is that you agreeing with me?

• Like 1

I tried this game out. Reminds me a little of Spider Fighter. Both 1k and 4k games are excellant. I love that there's options.. gives the game more replay value. Music is good too.

The only thing I didn't like is the level with the rocks coming at you. It annoys me. Otherwise fantastic game!

I had to take the time to say, great job on this game! I really like the music aspect in it. Great fun, too! I would end up dying, but it wouldn't get me angry, more of a, "Oh crap!," kinda thing hehe

Great work : )

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...

I think I have the latest ROM on Harmony and in Stella. I have to say that the 1k version sounds awesome, but the 4k version sounds like sh!+. The rhythm just seems way too fast when I choose 4k from the menu. Is this normal? some kind of emulation problem? NTSC vs PAL? It kinda stopped me from purchasing on cart.

What other differences are there when 4k is chosen from the menu?

BTW, I think if this game had come out in '81 it would have been a HUGE seller! I mean what a great demo game this would have been in a computer store - incredible really.