IGNORED

Looking for a disk menu system that handles sub directories(emulator format

As the subject thread said i am looking for a disk menu (binary file) that can handle mydos compatible sub directories and can be put on the same disk as the binary files (xex, exe and com etc) are on

I have seen a couple, namely fileselctor and yogi's (yellowstones) menu, the problem with these is is that you can't put the menu on the same image/disk as the atari executables are on (i.e. the menu and the disk/image with the executable files on have to be separate disks or images)

Please note, as well as being able to handle mydos compatible sub dirs, it (the menu system) must also handle large/high capacity images (i.e 15/16 meg)

Any help is greatly appreciated

As the subject thread said i am looking for a disk menu (binary file) that can handle mydos compatible sub directories and can be put on the same disk as the binary files (xex, exe and com etc) are on

I have seen a couple, namely fileselctor and yogi's (yellowstones) menu, the problem with these is is that you can't put the menu on the same image/disk as the atari executables are on (i.e. the menu and the disk/image with the executable files on have to be separate disks or images)

Please note, as well as being able to handle mydos compatible sub dirs, it (the menu system) must also handle large/high capacity images (i.e 15/16 meg)

Any help is greatly appreciated

look here this might do what you want. ;)

I would suggest too,

you check out MyPicoDOS. It can handle both, MyDOS and SpartaDOS based disks or images.

You can add a textfile with the long filenames for each file. Files can be choosed by keyboard or joystick.

It can let you choose files from any connected drive or attached image file.

Greetings,

Beetle

Sorry, i made a typo last time, i meant picodos not fileselector

Picodos, is like yellowstone/yogi's dos menu (i.e. you have to store the menu on a different disk/image you store the game files on)

It said so on the picodos instructions that i have read recently

I'd prefer both the menu and the game files to be on the same disk image/atr

At the moment i am renaming all my xex files to T.O.S.E.C. naming conventions (almost finished, i reckon they'll be about 3000 or so xex's (once i've removed the dupe files) at the moment it's about 4000 files (with some that cant be tosec'd, as i don't have the info on release year or publisher, as it doesn't show that stuff on the game screen of the games that can't be tosec'd plus i have yet to remove the dupe files)

Sorry, i made a typo last time, i meant picodos not fileselector

Picodos, is like yellowstone/yogi's dos menu (i.e. you have to store the menu on a different disk/image you store the game files on)

It said so on the picodos instructions that i have read recently

I'd prefer both the menu and the game files to be on the same disk image/atr

Well, that was true of older MyPicoDOS releases maybe, but the 4.04 version allows you to write the DOS to the image.

Example: hello_atr.zip

That unzips to a mostly-empty 16M ATR image with a couple of subdirectories... have a look at the PICONAME.TXT file in the image to see how the long filename support works.

If you want, you should be able to just make copies of that ATR image as needed, and copy your games to it, and edit PICONAME.TXT (or write a script of some kind to automate the process). If you were running Linux, it'd be even further automated: copy your .XEX files into a directory and run "dir2atr" to create the image.