IGNORED

Atari 5200 HSC round 6 *Pac Man*

Atari5200

sorry for the delay, this time it's Pac-man! a classic that every one should own.

any controller is fine and default dificulty or harder. comp will end next Saturday so get munchin on dots!

JetSet: 81000

eegt97: 41340

BrianR: 40390

Edweird13: 37980

BydoEmpire: 37420

Single Tooth: 32700

Lord Helmet: 28230

Prodos8: 28000

Goochman: 27710

Gabriel: 26700

Edited by Atari5200

this needs to be stickied!

Yes, that was the main problem with me finding it. The 2600 one is laid out really nice and easy to navigate. This one bounces all over the 5200 forum, and its had to tell which week is the current week. Especially if you are new to the club.

Sticky this.

Just got my 5200 a couple days ago and am having the usual controller issues. On my first try racked up 15,560. Figure I'll get better once I get used to the stick on this thing.

My camera sucks too, but here's a screenshot.

post-7533-1182561159_thumb.jpg

Red Ghost (Blinky) giving you trouble? Keep this in mind...

Blinky (red) always aims right for PAC-MAN, and tries to get to that spot

Pinky (pink) always aims for a spot ahead of PAC-MAN, even if it's on the other side of a wall

Clyde/Pokey (Orange) pays no attention to PAC-MAN

Inky (cyan) is the toughest to predict (anbd explain), as he keys off Blinky's position

Rules of thumb:

When ghosts reverse and head for their corners, you have a few seconds where they're not persuing you. Clear up dots in awkward spots during those moments.

Learn to fake out Pinky by facing PAC-MAN against a wall, so Pinky aims for a spot on the other side of said wall.

Use the safe spots around the ghost's home to get them off your trail.

Can I use my two-port that awards me 100,000 points within a minute after starting a game? ;)

I'll have to give this a go sometime soon and see what I can come up with. PacMan is the one 5200 game I keep coming back to and play the most.