IGNORED

Millipede 1984 file version?

Urchlay

Speaking of this game... there are two more issues:

It is sometimes impossible to hit the earwig or the caterpillar. The bullets go right through these two bugs, but nothing happens sometimes. I'm not sure this is also the case in NTSC ... but I always wondered what happened. I did not have this issue with the 1983 version. Anyone?

Greetz

M.

I played till 300.000 points today with the fixed version and it´s awesome. I can confirm that bullets go sometimes right through instead to kill. By the way, the sound of the fireflies seems cut off. Apart from that it´s a dream come true after all these years! :-)

Edited by Artie Stolks

• 4 weeks later...

I played till 300.000 points today with the fixed version and it´s awesome. I can confirm that bullets go sometimes right through instead to kill. By the way, the sound of the fireflies seems cut off. Apart from that it´s a dream come true after all these years! :-)

This does not happen in NTSC. It happens with certain enemies not all. Especially the creature that makes that the speed is slowed down for a few secs. The flies that create new mushrooms and that 'earwig-look-alike' creature that poisens the mushrooms. Those creatures are problematic from time to time. You can shoot through them. This does not happen on NTSC. I think this might be the same issue as with that issue that is fixed now.

It is harder to see the problem, since it does not always occur.

I have been playing millipede for hours now on my NTSC 800 today, and then also on my PAL 800XE ... the problems only happen on the PAL machine.

I have been using the fixed file version, but the shooting-through issue also happens on the non-fixed version.

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking of this game... there are two more issues:

It is sometimes impossible to hit the earwig or the caterpillar. The bullets go right through these two bugs, but nothing happens sometimes. I'm not sure this is also the case in NTSC ... but I always wondered what happened. I did not have this issue with the 1983 version. Anyone?

Greetz

M.

Here we go:

http://atari.fandal....p?files_id=2353

I hope that all PAL issues are fixed in this version.

I'm attaching fixed ROM image for those who care too.

F.

Millipede_PAL_fix.zip

• Like 2