IGNORED

Japanese Vectrex System

Charlie Cat

Hi guys:

I was at the Salvation Army today and I purchase a Japanese Vectrex system, ( 100% complete and working ) for $15 Bucks, I have no knowledge about the Japanese versions and I was wondering if its worth anything for collecters here in the U.S.A.. Any info will help.

Anthony...

Hi guys:

I was at the Salvation Army today and I purchase a Japanese Vectrex system, ( 100% complete and working ) for $15 Bucks, I have no knowledge about the Japanese versions and I was wondering if its worth anything for collecters here in the U.S.A.. Any info will help.

Anthony...

LOL - I'll give you $50 for it!

But then, I would be ripping you off. The Japanese Bandai Vectrex is worth about $400, so you got an amazingly lucky deal. I have never had such luck in the wild before!

How the heck did one of these end up in the Bronx? Seriously, though. I follow Vec prices fairly closely and $200 seems pretty low, unless its a beater or with no controller, etc. CIB units usually go for well north of $1000, although you didn't mention if it had a box or the literature. On the other hand, prices do seem to be down lately, but that may be just because it's summer, and ebay prices are always lower in the summer. If you want to sell it, I would wait at least until October or so, when people are inside more. On the OTHER, other hand, there are, maybe, a couple hundered serious Vec collectors (?), and perhaps the ones who really want it already have one. It seems like the prices on the 3D imager, for example, are coming back down to earth again, maybe because the supply has caught up to the damand to a certain extent. Just my two cents, I may be full of it.

Now, if $200 seems like a nice, quick, profit to you, feel free to contact me. Heck, I might even go to $250, just to be nice... :)

How the heck did one of these end up in the Bronx? Seriously, though. I follow Vec prices fairly closely and $200 seems pretty low, unless its a beater or with no controller, etc. CIB units usually go for well north of $1000, although you didn't mention if it had a box or the literature. On the other hand, prices do seem to be down lately, but that may be just because it's summer, and ebay prices are always lower in the summer. If you want to sell it, I would wait at least until October or so, when people are inside more. On the OTHER, other hand, there are, maybe, a couple hundered serious Vec collectors (?), and perhaps the ones who really want it already have one. It seems like the prices on the 3D imager, for example, are coming back down to earth again, maybe because the supply has caught up to the damand to a certain extent. Just my two cents, I may be full of it.

Now, if $200 seems like a nice, quick, profit to you, feel free to contact me. Heck, I might even go to $250, just to be nice... :)

I just assumed it was loose, Boxed would be more of course :) I am not a good Vectrex pricer though, more of an educated guess I suppose. I thought I remembered a few loose ones around the $200 mark but I could be wrong.

I just assumed it was loose, Boxed would be more of course :) I am not a good Vectrex pricer though, more of an educated guess I suppose. I thought I remembered a few loose ones around the $200 mark but I could be wrong.

Oh, I could be wrong, too. A while ago, though, even the Japanese GAMES were going for well over $200 apiece. Personally, when the only difference is the cosmetics, I don't really understand the appeal, but, then again, I like to play my Vecs, and I would be afraid to even turn one of these on. Only way to know for sure how much it's worth would be to put it on ebay...