IGNORED

Asteroids Deluxe

PacManPlus

• 2 weeks later...

Just played this on my CC2 :D

Awesome work Bob, hope this gets to go on general release :thumbsup:

I may have found a bug though, when shooting at the UFO head on, along the center line, I could not kill it.

I will try and do it again and report back.

A decent Space Invaders for the 7800 would be nice *hint*

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the feedback, Mimo! :)

I will look at this; I think I know what it is - the system thinks the large UFO is the same height as the small UFO. If I am correct, Shooting at the large UFO any higher than the center line will also pass through it. I'll check it out.

As far as Space Invaders, I was given a core by an *extremely* talented programmer here to complete. (I don't know if he wants me to say his name, that's why I being secretive about who it came from). There is no collision detection, and all the invaders do is march around. I think I can try and get to it once I finish up Space Duel. Here is a screen shot.

Thanks again,

Bob

post-1787-1188303126_thumb.png

As far as Space Invaders, I was given a core by an *extremely* talented programmer here to complete. (I don't know if he wants me to say his name, that's why I being secretive about who it came from). There is no collision detection, and all the invaders do is march around. I think I can try and get to it once I finish up Space Duel. Here is a screen shot.

Thanks again,

Bob

:-o

Cool. The 7800 sure is getting some killer games these days!

Me want one and Space Duel one too^_^<3

... and you will, as soon as Space Duel is finished :)

Mimo - I believe I fixed the large UFO issue, let me know if it's still there - binary below.

Also, going by information in the Space Duel thread about modifying for PAL, I did that for Asteroids Deluxe, but I then got screen jumps when the Killer Satellite came out. :( So I will need to try and figure out what that is.

Bob

ASTDLX78.ZIP

Edited by PacManPlus

Yeah I just put in tonight's build and I did notice the big UFO seems to have the same collision detection as the smaller one. Don't know about the big UFO coming directly at me though but it did pass by rather close once and I thought I'd shot it right in the middle but didn't get a hit registered. It went off the screen without killing me though. :)

Edited by AtariRocks

• 2 weeks later...

Ok Final Version of Asteroids Deluxe:

There was one thing bugging me that I couldn't ignore - the 'bouncing off rocks' wasn't how I wanted it. Most of the time the player's ship would just move through the rocks (or get tossed in another direction entirely) instead of bouncing. I worked on this off and on for weeks, and I think I found a decent formula: NewShipX = RockX + RockX - OldShipX (and the same for 'Y'). I had to do this for the Low and High values of the Velocity bytes, and it seems to work nice. The only thing is if you bounce off of a couple of rocks you can get up a pretty good speed... But that can happen in the arcade version as well. :)

So, this is the final version with the following changes:

1) Improved 'Rock Bounce' routine

2) The UFO shot is intercepted by the shield (when on) instead of passing through you.

3) I refined the collision detection a little more

4) I fixed the 'thrust' and 'shield' sounds.

Enjoy!

ASTDLX78.ZIP

Edited by PacManPlus

Thanks for the compliments, everyone :)

Ok Final Version of Asteroids Deluxe:

Is it the final final version? :P

Great work Bob! Can't wait to show it off at the Florida Classic next Saturday! :D

Thanks! Cool - let me know what they think of it... :)

And yes, I am hoping for it to be sold in the AA store - but I still haven't heard from Curt or Albert if it's possible. :(