IGNORED

New release Atari 2600 N.E.R.D.S box art

Atari2600.com

The box art for Atari 2600 N.E.R.D.S (Nano Emersion Recovery Device) has been released. This new Atari 2600 video game will be released by Atari2600.com Publishing on July 28, 2007 during Classic Gaming Expo 2007 in Las Vegas. Further images and information are available at Atari2600.com News.

Atari 2600 N.E.R.D.S Box

NERDS_front.jpg

Box Image copyright Atari2600.com Publishing, 2007

Thanks,

JC

Atari2600.com Publishing

(Nano Emersion Recovery Device) What do the 'S' in "N.E.R.D.S." stand for?

It stands for device*s*-- like in TVs, the "s" stands for more than one of them. ;) The correct spelling is N.E.R.D.s-- with a lowercase "s" and no period after it.

Michael

Edited by SeaGtGruff

I agree with you that the box art for N.E.R.D.S is very dramatic. Our artist chose a stunning combination of colors with art that graphically presents the core element of the game- Action! I'll provide information about the artist in a future posting.

The 'S' within the N.E.R.D.S title indicates a plurality and should be lower case, however it is more pleasing to the eye if all letters are of the same case. If written with proper capitalization it would be Nerds.

The game binary file is not available and won't be released.

Atari 2600 N.E.R.D.S games which are not sold during Classic gaming Expo will be made available through Atari2600.com imediately following the show.

JC

Atari2600.com Publishing

Just something I would like to point out: from the screenshots posted at atari2600.com both N.E.R.D.S and The Last Ninja seem to be un-mistakably bB (batari Basic) created games. I make this conclusion off of the fact that the score used in N.E.R.D.S exactly matches both the positioning and character set used in batari Basic. Second, in The Last Ninja, the playfield graphics used to make up the title characters have a 1-pixel vertical spacing between them that is synonymous with bB versions .35-.99. I'm not saying this is a bad thing, but I just thought I should educate the buyer first.

;)

Edited by Dragnerok X

Just something I would like to point out: from the screenshots posted at atari2600.com both N.E.R.D.S and The Last Ninja seem to be un-mistakably bB (batari Basic) created games.... I'm not saying this is a bad thing, but I just thought I should educate the buyer first.
Yeah, I noticed this too and posted as such myself over at Stalag 13. I would hope that the instructions (or box art or label or something) would identify it as a bB-built game, more or less to give credit to batari for making games like these possible. (Not to brand it as "less than a real homebrew" though.) I guess it doesn't really matter in the long run. Some of the bB-built games have been pretty amazing. Hopefully these squeeze some new ideas and gameplay into the stalwart 2600.

I would hope that the instructions (or box art or label or something) would identify it as a bB-built game, more or less to give credit to batari for making games like these possible.

Atari2600.com, I would recommend you somehow incorperate the bB logo found on this page into your box/label art; in order to let buyers know, like I said before, what they're getting. Hope this helps.

Atari2600.com, I would recommend you somehow incorperate the bB logo found on this page into your box/label art; in order to let buyers know, like I said before, what they're getting. Hope this helps.
Hmmm... Neat logo. Me likey. But it begs the question: "Do the AA releases of Solar Plexas, Phantom II/Pirate, and GoSub! use this logo on the label?"

If not, maybe that should be used for all future AA bB releases, in order to let the buyers know what they're getting. Or should the logo be optional? (After all, programmers don't usually credit the programming platform used.) If AA/bB programmers can't be bothered to use the logo, I guess we can hardly dogpile on any other bB releases that don't acknowledge the use of the program to design the game.

EDIT: Oh, and I like the concept of "AA bB". If we can just figure out a "CC"...

How about "Atari Age batari Basic Cuttle Cart Compatable" release? Or "AAbBCCC release?"

Edited by Snider-man

But it begs the question: "Do the AA releases of Solar Plexas, Phantom II/Pirate, and GoSub! use this logo on the label?"

Solar Plexus has an earlier version on the label, but it doesn't actually say "batari Basic", just "bB".

Phantom II/Pirate does not have it on the label, but it is in the manual.

None of the three have it on their product pages in the store.