IGNORED

is this an astrocade proto or just a pirate cassette

crsdawg

i was digging through my collection today and found this astrocade cassette "proto" (would work with the astrocade cassette interface). i remember i got this via ebay from a seller i also got an incredible wizard/the wizard (cart) wip from (at least that is what it is supposed to be, i don't have an astrocade so i've never been able to test it). anyway, i was wondering if anyone knows much about it. i have always been kinda skeptical of it being a cassette and all, but it was dirt cheap so even if it is not a proto i'm not out much. the cassatte has a clear blue case and both have stickers that say perkins engineering and blue ram as well as some hand written text.

here's a pic of the tape:

post-4864-1183182986_thumb.jpg

Edited by crsdawg

br- thanks for the reply.

IIRC, Blue Ram was a upgrade kit for the Astrocade

that was my main question...how common are the blue ram tapes.

Artillery Duel was released on cart for the Astrocade before the Blue Ram was. There's no way it's a proto.

heh, heh...i'm not quite giving up hope yet but you are probably right. i did buy this with another proto (cartridge, not tape) and the guy i got it from said it is a wip version of artillery duel. even if it is just a tape that contains unfinished code, i still think that would be kinda cool.

i think the best move would be to find a tape interface (and and astrocade for that matter) to try it out...

-edit...i wonder if this could be what i have? artillery duel road test...sent out with some blue ram modules.

Edited by crsdawg