IGNORED

Bee Ball - 2600

LS_Dracon

As for the garbled gfx, that's actually a bug in the game: it doesn't initialize the decimal flag. You won't see this if you just load the game from the harmony menu (as the menu itself clears the D flag), but it might happen randomly when putting the game on a real cart.

Yes, it does not clears decimal flag at game initialization, I'm aware this bug by long time...

This was one of my firsts game ever, I was learning not only how to code for 2600 and also trying to understand 6502 assembly.

Decimal flag seems to start at 0 most of times when you power on the console, but at very random event it could start at 1 and then I got problems.

I not sure if I fixed it on last revisions (there was like 3 game revisions, the ROM was not released to the public).

I only noticed this glitch on my hardware like 2 times ever, and I thought was a cartridge connection problem, which was solved by re-inserting the cart (actually power cycling the console fix it).

The lasts Stella emulator versions, in order to perfect the emulation, is randomizing the processor flags, so this bug now happens more often.

The game also have others small glitches that really annoys me, sorry about that.

Anyway, after 11 years, have one of you guys found the game's Easter Egg?

Edited by LS_Dracon

Decimal flag seems to start at 0 most of times when you power on the console, but at very random event it could start at 1 and then I got problems.

Yup, I can confirm that in my short tests the D flag seems to be cleared most of the time when first powering on the console. But sometimes it gets set after a few power cycles, and chanches seem to increase if you try a different cart first. It's like if, once the flag is set by the previous cart, its status tend to persist on subsequent powercycles.

I tested 4 consoles from different eras and was able to replicate the glitch at least once in all of them.

I only noticed this glitch on my hardware like 2 times ever, and I thought was a cartridge connection problem, which was solved by re-inserting the cart (actually power cycling the console fix it).

Yeah, I think anyone would assume it's caused by dirty contacts in the cart slot or the power switch. And the fix is the same too: power cycle the console.

"Rescue Terra I" is an original release that has the same bug (you can see it glitching sometimes when starting the rom in Stella 6)

The game also have others small glitches that really annoys me, sorry about that.

I find it a really good game. The concept is interesting, graphics are really nice and it's fun to play. I will definitely revisit it in my next playsession. (and try to find the easter egg!)

Edited by alex_79
  • Like 1