IGNORED

s0c7

I had hoped to work on this a little more before the 4th, but it doesn't look like I'll have time. So...

For those in the US - Happy Independence Day (a little early).

It should be obvious how to play. If you can make it past 1781 you will "win". (Yes, I know the war didn't end until 1783, but nothing much happened after 1781).

1775.bin

post-6510-1183352344_thumb.png

• Like 2

Very cool! Especially the guys on horseback! 8)

Is this game politically correct? :ponder: Who cares! :twisted: It's fun!

Thanks! Glad you are enjoying it.

No offense intended to our cousins across the pond. History and all that...

Anybody have any suggestions to make it better? Maybe a option to play as the British?

Edited by s0c7
  • Like 1

• 5 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

I still see this game get referenced on rare occasions in other threads. Glad to know there are still people playing it 7 years later. The original was quickly thrown together to get it done before the 4th back in '07. I thought I might come back to it one day, but I never got around to it. I don't have much time for retrogaming activities these days, but with Independence Day coming up and it being the 7th anniversary of the game, I thought I'd spruce it up a little. I've made a few minor tweaks that probably won't be noticeable. People seem to like the gameplay, so I left that as is. The biggest additon is it now keeps high score. When you are in game over mode, it will switch between your score (white) and the high score (green).

Again, this is not meant to promote war or violence. The guys are cartoony and they turn into point values. If the 2600 had come out in time for the bicentennial (1976), I could easily see something like this having been released. The were several patriotic-themed pinball machines from around that time.

1775_v2.bin

1775_v2_pal60.bin

• Like 2

• 5 years later...
  • 3 years later...

Love the game! Downloaded and played ntsc_v2 version on my Atari portable and the leftmost score digit matches the thousands place, not a big deal just wanted to mention. Also is this cover art made by you s0c7, on this website? I attached the image also. Thanks for making a fun game that people are enjoying almost 16 years later! https://thegamesdb.net/game.php?id=98700

BB94651F-AF14-435E-AE1F-967CC5E53BE8.jpeg

28960AC4-BFED-4FD2-8FC3-7F6F9509ECC1.jpeg

7 hours ago, PengPeng0118 said:

Love the game! Downloaded and played ntsc_v2 version on my Atari portable and the leftmost score digit matches the thousands place, not a big deal just wanted to mention. Also is this cover art made by you s0c7, on this website? I attached the image also. Thanks for making a fun game that people are enjoying almost 16 years later! https://thegamesdb.net/game.php?id=98700

Hi! Glad to know people are still playing it after all these years. No, I didn't make that label. It's new to me. The Flashback Portable is known to have certain emulation problems. If you play in Stella or on real hardware, it should display normally.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/25/2023 at 8:52 AM, PengPeng0118 said:

BB94651F-AF14-435E-AE1F-967CC5E53BE8.jpeg

Yeah thats a know issue with the AFP as David stated above. 

As far as the artwork, someone probably created it with the 2600labelmaker website and uploaded the info to thegamesdb website to track it on the Gameye app.

BTW, on the Atari Flashback X console, there's a different box artwork but it probably was added by the owner.

83527619_1477423632428546_130041100480294214_o.thumb.jpg.e8fbff21f54fe503e956b0f935333a65.jpg