IGNORED

3 Saved Atari Collections

Guitarman

I am going to use this thread to catalog the 3 collections I recently acquired. Since there will be a lot of pictures, I am going to house the images on my AtariPort site and create links to each collection so you can check them out. As I refurbish (and repair as needed) the hardware, I will also use this thread to make available the extras I will not be keeping. There is a lot of hardware between the 3 collections. I will use this first posting to supply the links to the pictures as I add them and just post a message that this first post has been changed, when it does. Here we go....

Atari Reno Collection

Atari Long Beach Collection (aka Going To The Dump)

Atari Long Beach/Vacaville Collection (aka formyDad's Father's Collection)

Edited by Guitarman

The Gold Disk with "Tempus Erat Rerum" is a "Feelie" from the Infocom game Trinity... It's a sundial and it looks like it's missing the Gnomon (the stand up piece that helps cast the shadow)

:)

Cool!! Thanks!! I'll have to see if the rest of the stuff is here.

Jesus, I can't believe all that perfectly good stuff was going to the dump.

Surely they must have realised they could have at least sold it all instead?

This lot was not going to the dump. That is the next set of pics I'll be posting today. I got the first collection here in Reno from someone who saw my posting on Craig's List. This lot is the only one I actually had to pay for. I paid $250.00 for the Reno collection, which I think is a steal for what is in it.

Hey Guitarman,

I noticed on the photo of the drives I think I see a XF551. Not listed. Are my eyes decieving me? :)

Opps!!! You are right!! I changed the caption. I will be listing some XF551's once I get done going through all of this. I've acquired 3 in the collections and already had 4 (2 boxed) that I have had since they came out.

Hi Guitarman,

I could almost swear they pulled the Long Beach stuff OUT of the dumpster to give to you. That is sad. :_(

If you need a home for the OSS carts/disks and manuals out of both the Reno and Long Beach collections and the ANALOG disks and reference card out of the Long Beach collection I would be happy to open mine. Let me know how much you think is fair based on their condition and whether they seem to work.

I'd like to give that 800XL w/RamrodXL Basic Rev C and the XF551 of the Reno collection a home too. Let me know if you are willing to sell and how much you'd want for them.

That poor 1200xl Does it work???? (If so I might take it off your hands LOL)

I have yet to test anything other than the MIO (works perfect) and the 130XE (not so good) from this lot. I am trying to get everything cataloged before going into test mode. I have the Vacaville lot to catalog, then I will be testing, cleaning, refurbing and making available the extras.

Hi Guitarman,

I could almost swear they pulled the Long Beach stuff OUT of the dumpster to give to you. That is sad. :_(

If you need a home for the OSS carts/disks and manuals out of both the Reno and Long Beach collections and the ANALOG disks and reference card out of the Long Beach collection I would be happy to open mine. Let me know how much you think is fair based on their condition and whether they seem to work.

I'd like to give that 800XL w/RamrodXL Basic Rev C and the XF551 of the Reno collection a home too. Let me know if you are willing to sell and how much you'd want for them.

You would think so!! I have had only one other Atari that looked anything like these and that was a 1040STf I got in Reno a while back.

As far as the extras, I will be keeping things that I don't have to fill holes in the collection. I will check my ANALOG disks to see if there are any I don't have yet and will make the dups available, although I'm pretty sure I already have this range of disks. The ANTIC disks, I'm pretty sure, I already have. The reference card will be going into my doc collection (don't have one of those yet!!)

As for the OSS carts, I got a varying set of these in all 3 lots!!! I will be keeping one of each cart and docs and making the rest available. I have 2 of the DOS XL disks but only one manual. One of the disks will be made available.

My plan for the RamrodXL was to install the OmniViewXL OS in the 3rd socket (has OSNXL and Stock OS installed now) and put it in another one of my 800XL's or 1200XL's that has other mods already installed. This 800XL would be made stock (with BasicC, which is factory soldered, not socketed). I haven't decided yet though.

The XF551 will be made available as I have 4 already (also have another in the Vacaville lot that will be made available). I installed a HyperXF chip in this one to see how it works (speeds it up, especially with APE/Prosystem, but otherwise unimpressed). I will sell it with the HyperXF and original OS included.

Do the ATR8000 System Disks look useable?

I could sure use them. I haven't been able to do much with my ATR8000 since my disks were damaged in moving.

I actually have 2 or 3 sets of ATR8000 disks, which is funny because I didn't have an ATR8000 until a couple of months ago, and it came without disks!! Got lucky there. I have not been able to test all the disks though, since I still need to get at least 1 PC 5.25 drive to attach to the ATR8000 to test the CP/M disks. I will probably make a set available once I can get them tested, or be able to make dups for those who need them.

I have yet to test anything other than the MIO (works perfect) and the 130XE (not so good) from this lot. I am trying to get everything cataloged before going into test mode. I have the Vacaville lot to catalog, then I will be testing, cleaning, refurbing and making available the extras.

Hi Guitarman,

You would think so!! I have had only one other Atari that looked anything like these and that was a 1040STf I got in Reno a while back.

As far as the extras, I will be keeping things that I don't have to fill holes in the collection. I will check my ANALOG disks to see if there are any I don't have yet and will make the dups available, although I'm pretty sure I already have this range of disks. The ANTIC disks, I'm pretty sure, I already have. The reference card will be going into my doc collection (don't have one of those yet!!)

As for the OSS carts, I got a varying set of these in all 3 lots!!! I will be keeping one of each cart and docs and making the rest available. I have 2 of the DOS XL disks but only one manual. One of the disks will be made available.

My plan for the RamrodXL was to install the OmniViewXL OS in the 3rd socket (has OSNXL and Stock OS installed now) and put it in another one of my 800XL's or 1200XL's that has other mods already installed. This 800XL would be made stock (with BasicC, which is factory soldered, not socketed). I haven't decided yet though.

The XF551 will be made available as I have 4 already (also have another in the Vacaville lot that will be made available). I installed a HyperXF chip in this one to see how it works (speeds it up, especially with APE/Prosystem, but otherwise unimpressed). I will sell it with the HyperXF and original OS included.

I could sure use them. I haven't been able to do much with my ATR8000 since my disks were damaged in moving.

I actually have 2 or 3 sets of ATR8000 disks, which is funny because I didn't have an ATR8000 until a couple of months ago, and it came without disks!! Got lucky there. I have not been able to test all the disks though, since I still need to get at least 1 PC 5.25 drive to attach to the ATR8000 to test the CP/M disks. I will probably make a set available once I can get them tested, or be able to make dups for those who need them.

That's fine Guitarman, keep me in mind when you're ready to make them available. :)

Actually, that 1200XL doesn't look that bad. You should see what they look like after a fire.

Wow, you got some pictures?

Um... no.. that wasn't really on my mind at the time. It was a fire that took out my apartment in 95. I have the cleaned up pic laying around. The black bazel has some nice white scortches and the keys will never be the same..

Hi Guitarman,

I'm curious about one of the disks myself. Autoterm-80 is unfamiliar to me. I have 3-4 options for communicating with the ATR8000 but nothing supplied from SWP, not AFAIK. I know Autoterm-80 was not supplied with my particular unit, back in 1983 or 1984. I have a copy of a program which I call "Autoterm 80 Column" but I don't know if it is the same as that which appears in your photo.

Also, If anyone needs a working set of disks for their ATR8000 please feel free to PM me.

[EDIT]

Oops, I meant I have 3-4 80-column software options, but none of these were supplied by SWP. Autoterm, 40 Column version, was included with my ATR8000.

- Steve

Edited by a8isa1

Actually, that 1200XL doesn't look that bad. You should see what they look like after a fire.

Wow, you got some pictures?

Um... no.. that wasn't really on my mind at the time. It was a fire that took out my apartment in 95. I have the cleaned up pic laying around. The black bazel has some nice white scortches and the keys will never be the same..

LOL I meant the after photo not one of the machine in flames (although that could be an interesting photo)

I am going to use this thread to catalog the 3 collections I recently acquired.

Atari Reno Collection

Atari Long Beach Collection (aka Going To The Dump)

Atari Long Beach/Vacaville Collection (aka formyDad's Father's Collection) Coming soon

That is awesome! Thanks for saving all that and taking the pictures.

I think I liked the ICD items. That company has always impressed me with what they came up with the various Atari systems. :)