IGNORED

3 Saved Atari Collections

Guitarman

I'm surprised to see so much Atari stuff come out of Reno. Just recently I asked my co-worker up there to keep an eye out for old Atari 8-bit stuff.

I know!! It's been crazy. Only 1 of the collections was from Reno but picked up most from between here and SanFran. There was the one collection I had to drive to LA for.

To add to it all, I am picking up a small collection in Sacramento this weekend. I'll post what I get.

Bad thing.... I am moving into a new house at the beginning of the month. Guess what I have to move???? LOL

Lucky you. Perhaps I need to post in Craig's list.

That's what I do. I have a posting in Craig's here in Reno. I also look on the other 'drivable' Craig's locations every so often to see if someone has posted anything, but then, I guess LA would be considered drivable!? LOL

Edited by Guitarman

• 1 month later...
I love finding hidden stuff. I was just going through a couple of my 800's and found one with a Axlon RamCram 32k board in it. Merry Christmas!! :-o

Damn that is one way you know you have been into Atari's way too long, when you "find" stuff in our own collection!!!

I love finding hidden stuff. I was just going through a couple of my 800's and found one with a Axlon RamCram 32k board in it. Merry Christmas!! :-o

If I'd known You had all that stuff back in July I'd have taken some of It off Your hands:(, I wonder did You ever find the source code and scenario editor to Eastern Front 1941 by Chris Crawford? I've looked on the web and somebody somewhere must still have that in their APX software collection for the A8.

Being on a fixed income(I'm disabled) just buying the hardware all over again will take time as I have other things to do all of which will take time of which I have lots of lately. I know where a couple 1200XLs are, Not to mention 800XLs and 600XLs too, But they aren't free or nearly so. :(

Nice pics though.

If I'd known You had all that stuff back in July I'd have taken some of It off Your hands:(, I wonder did You ever find the source code and scenario editor to Eastern Front 1941 by Chris Crawford? I've looked on the web and somebody somewhere must still have that in their APX software collection for the A8.

Being on a fixed income(I'm disabled) just buying the hardware all over again will take time as I have other things to do all of which will take time of which I have lots of lately. I know where a couple 1200XLs are, Not to mention 800XLs and 600XLs too, But they aren't free or nearly so. :(

Nice pics though.

I have accumulated so much software on disk, I would be surprised if I didn't have a lot of long missing stuff. I acquired 6+ disk libraries from various user groups and BBS systems. Once I get the opportunity to just sit back and go through all the disks I have, I'll be able to catalog what is there. I plan on taking the user group libraries and making images of them and create CD's for the different user groups.

I have accumulated so much software on disk, I would be surprised if I didn't have a lot of long missing stuff. I acquired 6+ disk libraries from various user groups and BBS systems. Once I get the opportunity to just sit back and go through all the disks I have, I'll be able to catalog what is there. I plan on taking the user group libraries and making images of them and create CD's for the different user groups.

Great Idea I have just picked up about 400 discs, and many of them are from user groups in the UK

Hey guitarman,

Nice treasure hunting! I would love to see the Atariwriter overlays scanned to a file so I could print and cut them out. :D

I have access to a 18" wide scanner if needed.

That should be no problem. I can scan it in 2 parts and piece it back together. Gotta try to keep it under 2mb though!!! If not, I'll post it on my site and link to it.

Hey guitarman,

Nice treasure hunting! I would love to see the Atariwriter overlays scanned to a file so I could print and cut them out. :D

I have access to a 18" wide scanner if needed.

That should be no problem. I can scan it in 2 parts and piece it back together. Gotta try to keep it under 2mb though!!! If not, I'll post it on my site and link to it.

Thanks Guitarman. You Rock!

Appropriate that one of the Long Beach computers says, "In The Swamps," on it. :P

Wireless Atari 2600 joysticks! Who knew...

So many Ataris, so little time...

:)

Yes, I decided to keep the "In The Swamps" sticker on that one. The original owner was the SYSOPS of the Swamps BBS back in the 80's. I also have all the Swamps BBS disks. I may try to get it loaded and see what was in there.

Appropriate that one of the Long Beach computers says, "In The Swamps," on it. :P

Yes, I decided to keep the "In The Swamps" sticker on that one. The original owner was the SYSOPS of the Swamps BBS back in the 80's. I also have all the Swamps BBS disks. I may try to get it loaded and see what was in there.

Ah, historical significance! Cool.

Hey, Guitarman - it's me, Dulcie! (formydad).

I am SO happy that I found you to take my Dad's Atari collection so that it could be appreciated by you and others. I know he is up there smiling that it is still in action and not in the landfill. Maybe I could have tried to sell it on ebay or whatever, but I know he would have wanted it in the hands of Atari enthusiasts and money was not the object here.

I just checked this site after all this time because I found this little thing called "The Pill". Do you want it? Does anybody want it? I'm willing to pay postage to mail it to somebody for free, hate to toss it but it's of no use to me.

Happy New Year!

• 2 years later...

Well......moving again, but at least this time we have the month to do so. Best thing is, I have finally been able to move and start unpacking and organizing all the Atari collections as I go. You would think after 2 years I could have done it by now!!! There is still more to bring to the new abode, but here are a few pics of what I've got unpacked so far, mainly 8bit. The ST and up stuff comes a bit later this week. With all this stuff organized, it will be easier to start getting it out to others. By the way, going to a Sharks game in San Jose at the end of the month and bringing home.....you guessed it, more Atari stuff!! LOL I've said it before and I'll say it again, I need to get a life!!!

post-6701-126876496859_thumb.jpg post-6701-126876496908_thumb.jpg post-6701-126876496957_thumb.jpg

post-6701-126876497007_thumb.jpg post-6701-126876497056_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...

post-31752-0-50085200-1326605294_thumb.jpg http://swamps.andrus...Bit-Systems.jpg

Whoa! People care. Three of the systems were mine, the two clean ones were belonged to my brother-in-law.

The SWAMPS was originally a modified AMIS, system #1, the 800, running Atari BASIC. Started up in late '81, maybe late '82. The missing keys because of the next msg. The 1200XL (system #2) was a BBS program that was all 100% my coding, running on BASIC-XL. In '86 it was running on the 130XE (system #3) running BASIC-XE, again all my own coding. Nasty coding. Guitarman may have on hardcopy of the AMPS program. It is useless. Line 1 says "LIST D:INIT" -- all of the strings and machine code and stuff was listed separate, ending with a "goto war". War was "WAiting Ring" The code may or may not be on one of the floppies. My BBS was *THE* fastest 1200 BBS. Other BBSes used files on the disk for messages, using DOS, Disk Operation System. DOS used the SIO, Serial Input Output. I use the SIO instead of DOS ... a quarter of a second less time every read of a message.

One of the other messages said something about the speed of Atari BASIC. Atari only had about 10% of the computer market. Atari had over 50% of the BBSes. All other systems had to use machine code, compiled code, even on a 300 baud system. Only Atari could run in BASIC, even at 1200 bps. Atari BASIC was tokenized and ran at least four times than any other BASIC.

Anyhow, it is nice to see that some people still want the old system. It was FUN. You could write from the bottom, just you, one person, no one else, compiled libraries, anything. The system was known, every bit, in "Mapping the Atari". I am happy so see that some people will use the stuff that I also enjoyed.