IGNORED

Atari 5200 HSC Round 8 *Robotron 2084*

Atari5200

This round the game will be Robotron 2084. Competition will end 2 Saturdays from today as always. You know the rules, either play the game on an actual 5200 or emulation, any controller is fine. post screens if you got them and have fun.

Final Leaderboard

JetSet: 518200

cafeman: 112375

eegt97: 39175

Atari5200: 33450

Brian R: 23225

Mike5200: 13635

Edited by Atari5200

14575 so far is the best I can do. I can't get past wave 4.

EDIT: 20550, but still can't get past wave 4, just got lucky and all the humans were real close that I could run and save and get big points.

Edited by Atari5200

14575 so far is the best I can do. I can't get past wave 4.

EDIT: 20550, but still can't get past wave 4, just got lucky and all the humans were real close that I could run and save and get big points.

Alot better then me 13635.. This game is hard plus uses only the back fire buttons :x

cant find my dual controller holder...

I don't have one. Guess I won't be playing this round.

This isn't a game I have much history with. Don't have the dual controller holder, but I gave it a go with my Wico. Best I could get was 18,000.

I made my own dual stick holder years ago -- cardboard and Red Green's fave, duct tape! I just checked and my Robotron 5200 ROM doesn't work. Gotta get a fresh ROM. Know what? I just realized - I have never played Robotron on 5200. Maybe tomorrow night I can try it out and post a score..

And I honestly I have no experience with this game. I'm not even sure what I'm doing, or what's what, beyond the basics.

Update: 32,725

There's gotta be someone out there who's actually good at this game. I know I'm not!

Edited by Brian R.

Okay, tried in in Atari800win. Use my logitech to move and had to use the arrow keys to fire. It works but I wish there was a way to use the right stick to fire. It seems like a decent version but less intense than the coin-op.

post-37-1185072840_thumb.jpg

Edited by Cafeman

This round the game will be Robotron 2084. Competition will end 2 Saturdays from today as always. You know the rules, either play the game on an actual 5200 or emulation, any controller is fine. post screens if you got them and have fun.

I'll just end this contest one Saturday early. :P

post-997-1185063204_thumb.jpg

Edited by jetset

• 2 weeks later...