IGNORED

Was this a good deal on a Vectrex?

SRGilbert

Yeah, these kinds of threads can be annoying, but I'd like to know for sure. :)

I did a kind of impulse bid on this vectrex a little while ago not thinking I'd win! There was only 3 minutes left and it was only at like $45 (+$35 shipping) so I bid a max of $70. In the end I won with $56.99 (+$35 shipping) for a total of $88.99.

Here's the auction.

Here are the auction specs:

Vectrex Arcade System console with built in control panel, shows some wear.

One (1) Controller.

7 game cartridges:

Armor attack

Space Wars

Star Trek- the motion picture

Hyperchase

Berzerk

Solar Quest

Scramble

I've never even played one before! Here's hoping it in as good of shape as it appears.

Oh, does anyone know where I can find scans for the overlays? Even lowres would be ok, but print ready ones would be better! I do graphic design and color printing for a living, so I think I should be able make them pretty nice.

Edited by SRGilbert

If its in working order when you get it, then it was a heck of a deal. If its busted then it was so-so. $35 shipping is a tad high but, who knows shipping cost are going up lateley.

Yeah definitely a good deal :)

BTW, do Vectrex's have an OK survival rate "in transit"? Being somewhat big and bulky I'd suspect that they are a bit more risky then a console for rough handling, etc....

The Vectrex is a great system to own.I always pull mine out for gatherings and parties at my house and it seems to always get some play time from somebody.

Now as far as what you paid for yours that is a pretty good price with games.I paid a $100 for mine with eight games and some boxes and overlays.Congrats. :)

The Vectrex is a great system to own.I always pull mine out for gatherings and parties at my house and it seems to always get some play time from somebody.

Now as far as what you paid for yours that is a pretty good price with games.I paid a $100 for mine with eight games and some boxes and overlays.Congrats. :)

Cool, thanks! Now, as long as it works like it should and isn't covered in krunk (like another recent Ebay purchase) I should be a happy camper.

:D

Cool, thanks! Now, as long as it works like it should and isn't covered in krunk (like another recent Ebay purchase) I should be a happy camper.

Well considering the shape that the Vectrex was in that I detailed in this thread (and that was with all of the loose dust blown off) , I wouldn't worry too much about a little "krunk" :cool:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=110088

Well considering the shape that the Vectrex was in that I detailed in this thread (and that was with all of the loose dust blown off) , I wouldn't worry too much about a little "krunk" :cool:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=110088

I saw that thread, good stuff. :) I guess I gave up trying to find one in the wild like that, and just bit the bullet. Not that I wouldn't buy another one if I happen to come across a good deal! :cool:

Just wanted to follow up. Got the vectrex today, yeah! Wasn't too bad, an exceptable amount of krunk, but I gave it a good detailing. Doesn't look new, but nice for a 25 year old toy that was obviously played a lot.

Seems to work ok, but sometimes the cart port is flaky. Even after cleaning all the contacts, sometimes it will go right to Minestorm instead of the cart, and sometimes it will get though the game title/intro and then will just go black after you hit the "4" button to start, requiring a reset. Anyone else seen this behavior?

Stick is a little wiggly, but works fine.

The games are a lot of fun! Then again, I've always enjoyed vector games probably more than any other types. I've never been able to walk past a Battlezone, Asteroids, or Star Wars machine without playing a few!

Awesome deal! you are going to enjoy having a Vectrex around the house. :)

Thanks! Seems that the cart port is a little sloppy, but if I wedge a folded business card under the cart to push it up, it connects fine. I'll have to come up with a more permanent solution though!

Edited by SRGilbert