IGNORED

z26 please help

milton bradley

Hello all, first post here.

I am using Z26 for my 2600 emulator. I need to remap the F1 & F2 keys to 1 & 2 (so that I can rely on a hotrod se only, no keyboard). Remapping using an .app file for arcadeos (frontend) did not work, not sure why.

Any ideas? I have the source to z26, but my compiling skills are not the best, actually, not good at all.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Milton

So at least having Thomas constantly misspelling my name is good for something. I'm not sure if I really like being "hunted down". ;)

The reason for the software driver not working with z26 is probably because we have our own handler routine for the keyboard interrupt.

Replacing the F1 and F2 keys with the 1 and 2 keys would cause trouble with keypad games, as 1 and 2 are used to simulate the keypad controllers too. But if those games don't interrest you, it shouldn't be too hard to change the key assignment. You just need to change all occurances of KeyF1 and KeyF2 in KEYBOARD.ASM. To compile a new executable you can use MM.BAT or MMN.BAT which call all nesseary programs automatically. You might have to edit the batch file to suit your compiler/assembler installation though.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg

Does anyone else found the Z26 joystick sensitivity is lower than

the keyboard sensitivity ?, Z26 is the best atari 2600 emulator but

in some games I prefer using pcae or pcaewin just because it has

a better joystick input response, can this be fixed or be controlled

with a new command line ?, try playing games like pitfall or space invaders and u will find that u can't move in small steps...

10X

Israel Geron T.