IGNORED

Avalanche

johnnywc

Got my boxed copy and really love it! But I'd like to know if anyone else is having a problem with a little "dead zone" where you can't get your paddle under the tiny rocks on the left hand side. I've tried it with two pairs of original paddles that I've cleaned up a lot, and also with a hyperkin ranger in paddle mode, and always this little gap I can't catch rocks in. Is it just me and I need to clean my paddles some more? 

Talking about the gap between the two pairs of blue paddles here:

1464708029_avalanchedeadzone.thumb.gif.6c518f23aec4e5ee1fd317723336cc62.gif

7 hours ago, quohog said:

Got my boxed copy and really love it! But I'd like to know if anyone else is having a problem with a little "dead zone" where you can't get your paddle under the tiny rocks on the left hand side. I've tried it with two pairs of original paddles that I've cleaned up a lot, and also with a hyperkin ranger in paddle mode, and always this little gap I can't catch rocks in. Is it just me and I need to clean my paddles some more? 

Talking about the gap between the two pairs of blue paddles here:

1464708029_avalanchedeadzone.thumb.gif.6c518f23aec4e5ee1fd317723336cc62.gif

Hi there! 

First off, thank you for the support - it is much appreciated! :D 

As for the issue you're having, I just tested my cart from AA using 2 different paddles and the Hyperkin ranger paddle and there is no dead zone on any of them and I have no heard about this issue from anyone else.  Since you're experiencing it with 3 different paddles, my guess is that it may be the actual system (I'm not a hardware guy so I'm just speculating).  Do you have another system to test with?

Thanks,

John

• Thanks 1

On 3/14/2021 at 4:59 AM, WishItWas1984 said:

Will the final cartridge version of "Avalanche" be released for digital purchase in the future? Would love to play this on my R77.

For those that are interested, the ROM version of Avalanche is now available for purchase in the Champ Games store!  If you are interested in the full boxed version featuring the amazing artwork by David Exton, it is available in the Atari Age store.

Thanks for the support!

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, sramirez2008 said:

Calling all Awesome Avalanchers!  Thanks John, Thomas, Nathan, David and Al. This is a great 4K paddle game?

Great score Steve! :o  I may have to try and roll the score on NOVICE at least; the game gets pretty challenging that's for sure! 

Novice HS.jpg

Game Over.jpg

<Edit>.  You know, the Avalanche AA boulder would make for a really nice patch.

Avalanche AA Boulder.JPG

That is a cool graphic that David Exton included on the back! :thumbsup:  

Thanks for the support Steve!

John

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, johnnywc said:

That is a cool graphic that David Exton included on the back! :thumbsup:  

I really like when the AA logo gets included into the graphics. Especially because I came up with the idea all by myself for Star Castle Arcade. ;)

Since then I like to believe that my little idea started a trend. :D 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

I really like when the AA logo gets included into the graphics. Especially because I came up with the idea all by myself for Star Castle Arcade. ;)

Since then I like to believe that my little idea started a trend. :D 

I think it should be incorporated in every AA release. Could get creative and have us all hunt for it.?

• Like 2

• 2 years later...
3 minutes ago, ComputerSpaceFan said:

Hi there, forgive the necro-bump but My Arcade just enabled paddle control support on their Atari Gamestation Pro this week and although a bunch of great homebrew ROMs now work in it, Avalanche does not. The buckets just go to one side of the screen and stay there. Any ideas why and if this is patchable?

Sounds like the paddle controllers are not set.