IGNORED

Does anyone know where I can get a power supply for a 3DO?

I just recently got a 3DO (Panasonic FZ-10) off Ebay, and to my surprise, an AC adapter was missing. The seller said all hook ups were available. He was sure wrong. Does anyone know where I can purchase a power supply? A link to a website will really help. I'm not comfortable about buying things from users, so a good site will really be appreciated. Im trying to collect every game system out there(which is probably impossible), so thats why I purchased one, just in case anyone was wondering. I searched on Ebay, but I couldn't find one.

Edited by EMZayas

Or look for anything else that uses the generic 'shaver cord' that you can borrow :)

Yes, a PSX or PS2 power cord would work, there's plenty of those on ebay. I was surprised at my Pany 3D0, standard AC cable, standard s-video jack. Sure wish that was more common....

Or look for anything else that uses the generic 'shaver cord' that you can borrow :)

That isn't a "shaver cord". A shaver cord may look similar, but it's smaller, the pins are closer together, and it doesn't have those two dents between the pins.

It is a shaver cord but it's not a modern one, which as you noted is smaller. A couple months ago I threw out the last old electric razor I had that took the type of cord being discussed here.

I've always considered them as Stereo System power cords since all of the stereo equipment that I've ever owned utilized them. Of coarse all of my stuff is fairly dated so I have no idea if new systems still use them. They probably do but I really can't say.

Ironically I just picked up a 3DO system today at the flea market I frequent. It's just the console, box and three games only one of which is boxed. Got it fairly cheep so I'm happy. Haven't tried it out yet to see if it even powers up. I'll have to scavenge a controller for it at some point soon, assuming the thing works in the first place.

Edited by darthkur