IGNORED

jetpac port for a8

xxl

Jetboy is a really cool game, but for me is little too difficult. So, one evening some time ago I decided to make a use of Machine Language Monitor in QMEG OS :)

As a result, I made a modificated version of this game which allows you to play not with 4, but 64 lives! (Why not for example 255? Don't you think it would be too much ? ;) ).

You can download it from here.

Enjoy!

Edited by grzybson

• 4 years later...
  • 4 years later...

Thank you very much for making and sharing this wonderful conversion with the A8 community, xxl! :thumbsup:

Jetboy is really fun; it serves to prove the old Nolan Bushnell maxim that great games are simple to learn but hard to master. ;-)

I had never seen Jetpac before and so Jetboy comes as wonderful and novel surprise to me.

Jetboy has a distinct late 70's/early 80's arcade quality to the gameplay and graphics. Good stuff! :grin:

I really enjoy the Sinclair ZX Spectrum, BBC Micro and C64 conversions to A8 that I have been playing in the last month: Apple Invaders, Bobby Bearing, E-Type, Fairlight, Jack the Nipper, Jet Set Willy 2007, Jetboy, Lunar Jetman, Manic Miner, Skool Daze, and now Ziggy!

These have been/are all new-to-me games. They are all quite unique from many of the other experiences offered in other A8 games: they are all a bit quirky and unique and all are really fun!

The A8 library has been considerably enriched and extended by these games: thank you to all who took/take part in making and sharing these great conversions for A8!

I know there's some overlap and that there are several different people involved in making and sharing these conversions but I would like to thank all the coders and creators who made/helped make these Sinclair ZX Spectrum, BBC Micro and C64 conversions to A8.

I really enjoy these games and appreciate how all the coders and creators of these conversions are changing, shaping and altering the A8 game playing universe by sharing their works! Wonderful work!! Shared with us all for free!!!

Best Regards

Fingolfin

Edited by Fingolfin
  • Like 1