IGNORED

atari2600land's Blog - Fun With the Multisprite Kernel

RSS Bot

I've been toying around with the multisprite kernel in bB. I'm pretty bummed that the ball and missiles are set at a height of 1, and that you can't have an 'if collision(player0,player3) then...' statement, but other than that, it's a cool thing. In fact, I was wondering what GoSub would look like with the multisprite kernel. Instead of one octopus chasing you, how about two? Or enemies patrolling a certain area going a fixed route that you need to avoid? I've drawn up a little demo of a game called GoSub 2. Note that there might not be a GoSub 2, this is just a demo. But if enough people show interest in it, I might make one. This has no enemies or anything, because the treasure is player2, and I have to use 'if collision(player0,player1)' because I can't use 'if collision(player0,player2)'. If I actually decide to go through with GoSub 2, I could just have the treasure be at the same place every maze (lower right-hand corner) and do 'if collision(player0,player1) && x<130 && y>14' thus cordoning off the certain area where the treasure would be at so I could use the if then statement for collisions to enemies. And if anyone wondered how my all-night gaming session with my 2600 went, I set a new high for Strat-O-Gems Deluxe: 78,820.

Attached File(s)

bin.gif

gosubtwo072407.bas.bin ( 4K )

Number of downloads: 0

bin.gif

gosubtwo072407.bas ( 3.01K )

Number of downloads: 0

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=3617