Allas 1 8
Shannon 1 8
jdh 0 8
madbutscher 0 5
Bunsen 0 1
a8isa1 0 1
Edited by Goochman

post-7524-1186741403_thumb.png

OK- for those of you that want a run at that...

Hints and tips that work for me:

1) Understand the object. The game is not about finishing levels and killing monsters. Your sole duty (other than not getting killed) is getting the 3 ice blocks in a row, period. 10K points if the line doesn't touch the screen edge, 5K if it does. You should concentrate on getting this bonus every level.

2) Egg blocks: Each un-hatched monster block that you crush is 500 points. after a few levels, you should be able to get several of them each level. Any time you kill a monster, the blocks flash. AFTER you complete the ice block line, your sole mission is killing egg blocks.

3) Take your Time: Forget about the end of level bonus. I can't emphasize this enough. I only lose lives when I get greedy on level start (going for eggs) or when I try to rush. Just work your mission, Ice block line and eggs. Take as much time as you need. Don't rush.

4) Don't forget to use the side walls. "Kicking" the wall stuns enemies near the wall, allowing you to escape.

5) Enemy AI: Up till level 60 or so, avoiding the enemy is fairly simple. They seem to move almost randomly, with a skew towards the ice blocks (particularly after the blocks are flashing) or to your player. Often you will be one push from completing the ice block line, and the enemies will be circling it like little vultures. move to the opposite corner of the screen, against the wall and wait. The enemies will eventually come to you. Repeatedly kick the wall until you are stunning one or two enemies repeatedly. DO NOT go kill them, instead, use the time to go complete the ice block line, then go kill eggs. This works VERY well at drawing them away from your ice block work.

6) Don't give up: You will make a dumb mistake, or get boned at the beginning of a level. Resist the temptation to give up and start a new game, on this run, I was on my last penguin for almost 300K worth of points.

Enjoy!

-Ken