IGNORED

Are these for real?

purdum

post-14836-1186583115_thumb.jpg post-14836-1186583129_thumb.jpg post-14836-1186583138_thumb.jpg post-14836-1186583147_thumb.jpg post-14836-1186583160_thumb.jpg post-14836-1186583210_thumb.jpg

I was assured that all of these are NTSC format, but I have not verified that myself. I was told that most of them are from Zellers. I noticed that Termool and plant patrol have the same picture. Plant patrol looks like the end label was taped on. Can anyone give me anymore information on these? Besides being misspelled, some of these are not even on the boards in this format and/or from Zellers. Thanks.

Edited by purdum

Thanks for the link. I was told that the cartridges I posted were made in Canada by Zellers. I was assured that they are NTSC, not PAL. The cartridges in the link you sent me are PAL from Taiwan. Many of them do look the same though. They have the same or similar pictures and the same misspellings. Do you know what the rarity would be for NTSC format? I'll have to look into that further. Thank you.

Edited by purdum

Most likely these will all be PAL. The guy who sold them to the seller that sold them to you next had a butt load of PAL stuff. I bought a couple of these off him (the original guy) and they were PAL. If there were NTSC we'd be finding them up here by now. These are Zellers:

ZellersCollection1.jpg

ZellersBoxes2.jpg

And I got lots more. If they are PAL they might be worth $3-$5. NTSC $5-$8. Rarity isn't an issue when most people don't give a rats ass about some cheaply labeled pirates.

Edited by Omegamatrix

I didn't actually buy these yet. I wanted to check them out first. The guy who is selling them guaranteed that they are NTSC. However, if you say that even the NTSC versions would only be worth $5-$8, then I won't bother. He is trying to sell them for $19.99 each. Yeah right. Thanks for the info.

Well maybe they are NTSC and maybe they aren't. Who's to say unless you actually test them yourself. Just remember even if it comes from Canada or the US for that matter doesn't guarantee it's NTSC. You can thank mostly eBay for that these days. Finally without giving too much of the plot away I'm pretty sure these are PAL though. I'd like to be proved wrong. ;)

They're in an ebay store called Western NY Video. What exactly is the difference between PAL and NTSC? Can PAL be played on an American system? If not, I do not really want to buy a PAL game because I won't be able to play it. This ebay store also has Motorodeo. That is how I found it, but he is asking $150 and, from my understanding, that game may be considered a rarity 5 or 6, even though it is still on the guide as a rarity 10.

Can PAL be played on an American system?

Not to my recollection. I believe the screen will often start to roll or something (haven´t actually seen this firsthand so I may be wrong). The other way around isn´t a problem, if you can live with a different set of colors in the games.

Edited by Palmer Eldritch