IGNORED

Pitfall Contest Conclusion & Results

Pitfall Harry

Congratulations (and a copy of Crazy Climber) go to Thomas Jentzsch as the Second Prize winner of Pitfal Harry's "Mystery of the Map" videogame challenge. He was the only other contestant besides first prize winner Jeff Arensmeyer, to have submitted correct answers to all three Pitfall! trivia questions.

By random drawing, Scott Anderson has won third prize, a CIB copy of Pitfall!.

First Prize has already been awarded. I'll be sending out Second and Third prizes tomorrow morning. Solutions to the contest are posted here.

Congratulations again to all three winners and to all who participated. I hope you had fun.

Ben

Congratulations (and a copy of Crazy Climber) go to Thomas Jentzsch as the Second Prize winner of Pitfal Harry's "Mystery of the Map" videogame challenge.

Great! Thank you very much! :)

I hope you had fun.

Definitely! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

And I hope there will be another contest soon...

BTW: The The Clues and their Meanings link still doesn't work. :sad:

Sorry I missed the contest, but the solutions are really interesting to read!

The solutions may seem somewhat mysterious to you if you do not know about the Contest page or where it is located. I've edited the Solutions page to include a link to the Contest page. I apologize for the oversight. For your convenience, I've also included a link to it here.

http://members.tripod.com/~PitfallHarry/Pi...ll_Contest.html.

I'm sorry you missed the contest, too. Those who participated generally agreed it was a lot of fun. But don't feel too left out. I am working on a follow-up contest. Be sure to keep a watch on this forum for its announcement if you don't want to miss it.

This time, I'll try not to make it so easy.

Ben

Funny, I was just about to email my answers to you, thinking I had one day left (oops!) Glad I checked here before embarrassing myself.

Just for the record, I figured out questions 2 and 3, and had the right answer for question 3. (I might have guessed the answer to 2, but I wasn't sure.) I had no idea what the first question was, though!

Thanks for a great puzzle!

It's funny. I really thought the first question was the easiest to decipher, yet it seemed to be the one that gave most people fits. Then again, finding the answer to it took me almost a year's worth of on again, off again searching.

Sorry you missed the deadline. I hope the contest was worth your time anyway.

Ben

Congratulations...to Thomas...Scott Anderson...I hope you had fun...

Kudos guys! Be sure to let us all know when you get your loot.  :D   :D    :D      :D

...generally agreed it was a lot of fun...on a follow-up contest...try not to make it so easy...

1)...Absolutely!   2)...Hooray!   3)...Ugh. My head already hurts. :P

ò¿ó          smiling_to_games.gif

*I'm awake*

(And I'm not, for example, reading the scripts for the last three Buffy episodes that haven't aired on Oz TV.)

Meanwhile, no wonder the scorpion stuff didn't mean much to me, I have GIF animations turned off.

More comments as I read further.

Okay.  I'm five pages into this explanation now, and I haven't heard a single comment from anybody.  Is anyone interested in this explanation, or am I just beating a dead horse? If so, I'll stop right here at five pages.

Sorry, but unlike many other on this board, I need some regular sleep and I just woke up. :) (It's 9:10am now)

Please don't stop, I want to know everything!