IGNORED

Atari 5200 HSC Round 10 *Bounty Bob Strikes Back*

Atari5200

The cheat is Big 5's phone number ;)

Big 5's phone number was the cheat for Miner 2049er. By using that cheat on Miner you could basically play forever, but that doesn't work on BBSB. However, I think there might still be another cheat on BBSB which might let you do something similar. I'll see if I can remember/figure that out. In the mean time, here's my score of 55,060. That's still really low considering I only got to level 6?...the "grain elevator" level.

post-9542-1187915077_thumb.jpg

Edited by lintwarp

I got to Level 8 - The Luxury Transporters this time with a score of 70,870

post-9542-1187924611_thumb.jpg

BBSB starts hard, then just gets harder and harder with each level! I guess it's possible to go through all 25 levels, but it would be insanely difficult and would take way more time and practice than I have patience for at the moment. This game requires great precision with almost no margin for error. It's just way too easy to fall off a platform, miss a jump, or make some other mistake even when you know exactly what you're doing. The difficulty has definitely been cranked up on this game compared to Miner 2049er. However, there are also lots of interesting new level designs, devices, and other fun stuff to figure out which makes playing BBSB rewarding.

Edited by lintwarp

I found the following info in a document I saved a while back. The info must have come from Big Five and/or Bill Hogue. The codes are for the Big Five Miner 2049er/BBSB emulator. While using the codes on the emulator, I notice BBSB subtracts a life quickly when you die. That makes warping to another level before a life is subtracted very difficult if not impossible at times. Because of that, it doesn't seem possible to "play forever" on a single game while trying to go through all the levels. However, the cheat is great for practicing the higher levels without having to start at level 1 each time. Additionally, there are a couple of bonus/easy levels in BBSB. You could play those (or any other level) and safely score a bunch of points, then restart the level, and repeat over and over again. By doing that, you would end up with a huge score, but that's cheating (and boring), and of course isn't allowed in the HSC.

I haven't tried to make the BBSB cheat code work on my 5200 yet, but I assume it should be possible with a little trial-and-error on a 5200 joystick.

Have fun!

Bounty Bob Strikes Back! - Cheat Code

Press F3 to enter the option screen.

Use the down arrow to move to the "Special Code" line.

Use left/right arrows to select 61800. Holding ESC will cause the numbers to advance more quickly.

Hold the "F" key on the keyboard and press F3.

Now when you're playing the game you can type any two numbers to jump directly to that level. For example type "05" for level five.

After entering the cheat code as described above the following additional keys are active:

Q Advances to the next level

A Returns to the prior level

Z Restarts the same level

F Allows Bounty Bob to be positioned anywhere on the screen using the arrow keys. Bounty Bob is immune to alien death during this time although you can still claim treats. Special equipment (such as a grain elevator) stops moving and acid rain stops falling.

These level warps are always active:

To level 4 from level 1 Collect the flower pot then hold 1 and press START

To level 22 from level 2 Collect all aliens first then finally collect the paint roller then hold 3 and press START

To level 15 from level 3 Collect the goblet then hold 4 and press START

To level 8 from level 5 Collect the coffee pot then hold 8 and press START

To level 14 from level 10 Collect the pitch fork then hold 5 and press START

To level 19 from level 16 Put tubes 1 and 3 leftward then collect the pie then hold 9 and press START

Miner 2049er - Cheat Code

Start playing the game then stop Bounty Bob in a safe area.

Type in Big Five's old phone number: 213 782 6861.

Now hold shift and press the number of the level you want to go to.

Use zero for level ten.