Shipping is OUT OF CONTROL

StanJr

Stan,

I watched this post grow into a monster. I originally decided not

to stick in my 2 cents, but I think that I must. I hope I'm wrong but

I took the "Out of Control" as the swipe at my Out of Control cart I

have up on eBay now.  

Anthony

Fess up... if you really were following this post you would have noticed that Stan's original post was July 15th - more than 2 WEEKS before your auction started.

Don't worry, you'll get your bids. There's no need to hijack threads like this. :?

I am an ebay seller, and I sell many Jaguar Games, in fact, I charge $5 flat rate for shipping to any location in the US, this is for Priority Mail, w/ Delivery Confirmation, and INSURANCE! (MY COST TO SHIP: 3.85+.50+1.20= $5.75!)  I actually lose money on the shipping, that's fine with me, but I find it rather harsh that you seem to generalize all sellers as ripping you off in the shipping column.  

munkyxtc@hotmail.com

Actually priority mail is ($3.85 +.45+1.30=$5.60).

Yes you do lose money and I don't think you should.

Phil

I apologize, I thought I had been specific when I said people who charge me $4 for a $1 game were ripping me off.  For the record, EVERY Ebay item I have ever "won" has arrived here safely (and a MAJORITY of them have been shipped 85 cent, non-insured or confirmed or otherwise, and yet I still paid at least $3, usually, some people were more reasonable).

My big gripe is simply buying a LONE LOOSE cart on Ebay and then ending up paying more to get it to my house than I did for the cart.    

And again, I will NOT bid on any auction whose shipping is more than I wish to pay.  

I understand the seller mentality, I just don't subscribe all tenants of it.  And again, I am an idiot.

But what you have to realize Stan is that when you buy a cartridge, you determine the amount you are willing to pay for it by including the shipping. If shipping is $4.00 and you are willing to pay $7.50 for the cart, then you should not pay more than $3.50 in the actual auction.

Phil

I get to the post office last week to ship out a couple of Ebay auctions. I talk to the clerk about how business has died for them. He says, "yeah, look at what a ghost town it is".

He showed me the interior which you can see from the clerk desk in the main lobby. Where there were usually bins and bins of packages, the floor was empty and clean.

So what does the whole thing mean? The USPS shot themselves in the foot.

I talked to an Airborne driver yesterday who came to pick up my buddy's daily bunch of packages. He says it's a blessing the amount of business they've gotten due to the idiots in the USPS raising prices.

So it goes to show you that people will go elsewhere if your service and prices are not competitive with others.

Phil

Stan,

I watched this post grow into a monster. I originally decided not

to stick in my 2 cents, but I think that I must. I hope I'm wrong but

I took the "Out of Control" as the swipe at my Out of Control cart I

have up on eBay now.

Honestly dude, I had/have no idea that you had any auction at all, and furthermore I don't even know what an 'Out of Control' is!!! So its not you dude. Please don't be ticked at me! :sad:

Phil you make a very good point about bidding less and adding the shipping cost into the bid. I had not looked at it that way.

Thanks

Stan

Honestly dude, I had/have no idea that you had any auction at all, and furthermore I don't even know what an 'Out of Control' is!!!  So its not you dude.  Please don't be ticked at me!

Indeed, if you look through the forums you'll find at least one other thread started by Stan with "OUT OF CONTROL" tacked on the end. I spotted one in the Off Topic section with something to do with radio in the title.