IGNORED

Summer Games hi-scores problem

Philsan

I've found 2 versions of Summer Games but in the first one the hi-scores are too high to beat and in the second one some hi-scores are unbeatable because they have strange letters saved in it.

Someone has a clean version?

I would like to save my world records!

Thanks

Hi Philsan,

I found two different pairs of atr's. One with world records of "Nir Darey" (very good records) and one with wr of "Mark" (good records).

Besides I have disks with my own records (weak records, if I remember right). But of these disks I must make atr's. Maybe I will find time next weekend.

Greetings,

Bunsen.

Well,

afaik Summer Games (especially the highscore) does not work 100% correct with alternative OS versions. I once had the QMEG-OS in my Atari XL and it produced strange results... From time to time the losers were presented as the winners, and other strange things. At the end the game showed "garbage" highscores with leters and control-characters... So, better try an original 800/XL/XE Os with this game if you are hunting for highscores and records... -Andreas Koch.

What do you mean with "alternative OS versions".

I've played Summer Games with emulator and with an Atari 130XE with APE and the problems are the same:

in one version of the game the high scores are too high to be beaten and in the other version some world records have a strange character (a reverse ball) instead of names and numbers.

I only need a clean version of Summer Games.

Don't forget that the AtariMax FlashCart version by Classics

also contains the feature of automatically saving and restoring

your hi-scores to/from the cartridge.

http://www.atarimax.com/flashcart/forum/viewtopic.php?t=207

can other games be put on the same cart, or can only Summer Games be on the cart?

err well,

I meant alternative OS versions in the original (XL/XE) hardware... If you are playing Summer Games with an original disk on original hardware, but with an alternative OS (like QMEG-OS and maybe others) the highscore will have some problems displaying and counting correctly... thats all I wanted to say. I don`t use emulators... only original hardware... -Andreas Koch.

• 3 years later...

There are many bugs with the medals table on the game (on real hardware)... it gives third place the gold or something! I don't think this has ever been fixed for an ATR version :sad: Great game though :thumbsup: Would be nice for a 130XE version that had less disk swapping too :ponder:

It would be cool if someone could write a utility program to reset various games' high score tables, e.g. Summer Games, Drol :!:

I think I have a VAPI image with the original hi-score. I might be able to copy the hi-score to an ATR crack. But there is a small problem because there are (at least) two different original disk versions. I don't know if the hi-score is compatible.

Looking though the notes I made when I did the cartridge version, the high scores are stored on sectors 0x2CE and 0x2CF of disk 2.

You could try just copying those two sectors over to the ATR.

Steve

• 6 years later...

I've found 2 versions of Summer Games but in the first one the hi-scores are too high to beat and in the second one some hi-scores are unbeatable because they have strange letters saved in it.

Someone has a clean version?

I would like to save my world records!

Thanks

Problem solved!

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/265288-summer-games/?p=3759643

• Like 1