IGNORED

Are you a bB master? If so, can you check my page?

Random Terrain

I just found out that pfclear was missing from both versions of the bB page, so batari gave me the info and it will be added to both pages soon. If you are a bB master who knows all of the commands, please check the following page when you get a chance and see if anything else is missing:

http://www.randomterrain.com/atari-2600-me...c-commands.html

If there is anything else that needs changed or updated, please let me know. I barely understand a third of what is on that page, so I appreciate any help.

Thanks.

The "background" kernel option is mentioned but, there is no description on how to use it...

Define Pfcolors with 12 lines... I believe that the first pfcolor in the list becomes the default color for the playfield, the next 11 lines are the background colors. But, you will have to check with Batari on the syntax...

Also, the shakescreen command is not described, either... there was a post here a couple months ago describing how it works.

Thanks,

Mike

The "background" kernel option is mentioned but, there is no description on how to use it...

Define Pfcolors with 12 lines... I believe that the first pfcolor in the list becomes the default color for the playfield, the next 11 lines are the background colors. But, you will have to check with Batari on the syntax...

By Jove, I think you're right! If you use pfcolors without background, the first color in the list becomes the playfield color of the first row-- *if* you put the pfcolors list inside of your display loop so it gets performed each time, otherwise the color of the last row carries over to the first row (unless you put COLUPF in your loop). And anything past the 11th entry is ignored.

But if you use background with pfcolors, the first color in the list still becomes the playfield color, and the other 11 colors after that become the background color for rows 1 to 11 (or 0 to 10).

Michael

By Jove, I think you're right! If you use pfcolors without background, the first color in the list becomes the playfield color of the first row-- *if* you put the pfcolors list inside of your display loop so it gets performed each time, otherwise the color of the last row carries over to the first row (unless you put COLUPF in your loop). And anything past the 11th entry is ignored.

But if you use background with pfcolors, the first color in the list still becomes the playfield color, and the other 11 colors after that become the background color for rows 1 to 11 (or 0 to 10).

Is that how it's supposed to work though? As I found it quite confusing when I was experimenting with pfcolors with and without background.

Thanks for the help so far. There seems to be something else missing according to this post:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...t&p=1361447

What is INTIM <> 0 for? I'm guessing it stands for Internal Timer or something, but I find no mention of it on the

Random Terrain website and why you should wait for it to not equal 0.

Thanks for the help so far. There seems to be something else missing according to this post:

What is INTIM <> 0 for? I'm guessing it stands for Internal Timer or something, but I find no mention of it on the

That would fall under the category of the TIA and RIOT registers. I don't know if the bB documentation should list all of them and try to explain them, because some of them probably won't be used except by people adding in-line assembly to their bB programs, and anyone who wants to write assembly for the 2600 really needs to download a copy of the "Stella Programmer's Guide." The bB documentation does mention some of the TIA registers that are more likely to be of general use, such as COLUBK, COLUPF, COLUP0, and COLUP1.

Michael

That would fall under the category of the TIA and RIOT registers. I don't know if the bB documentation should list all of them and try to explain them, because some of them probably won't be used except by people adding in-line assembly to their bB programs, and anyone who wants to write assembly for the 2600 really needs to download a copy of the "Stella Programmer's Guide." The bB documentation does mention some of the TIA registers that are more likely to be of general use, such as COLUBK, COLUPF, COLUP0, and COLUP1.

Thanks. That seems like a pretty useful one, though. I wonder if batari might want to have it added to the bB pages one of these days.

This may have been mentioned once before, but I found an undocumented constant, PFmaskvalue.

If you don't like blank lines in your playfield, but don't want to lose any features by using no_blank_lines, you can use

const PFmaskvalue=255

Each byte of the playfield will be set to the given number, basically repeating the same bit pattern four times.

PFmaskvalue.bas