IGNORED

Mord's Blog - On track for a weekend version 0.015!

RSS Bot

I wrote a small diagram for visualizing what the display code was doing in the top 2 lines where the graphics corrupt. I'm going to keep that diagram. It kind of puts the code into a very simple to understand light. At any rate I knew for a while that there was a 1-off error corrupting the graphics I just wasn't sure what variable was off. Turns out it wasn't a variable but a constant. I was loading Gamefieldsize and Gamefieldsize+1 as the scanline to calculate the initial switchdraw graphics for the top two scanlines.

Turns out I should have been using Gamefieldsize+1 instead of Gamefieldsize, and Gamefieldsize+2 instead of Gamefieldsize+1. :ponder:

The top of the screen appears to be working just fine now for both P0 and P1 as tested by trying to push the black key through the top of the screen with and without the heart on the screen. (As noted before, the black key is pushed into P1 when the heart is on the screen, but falls back to P0 when the heart is absent. Not an intended effect, but it's proven useful for visual testing.

*tests some more*

And it looks like there's no problems with the bottom of the screen. :) I guess the only problems I had with that revolved around P0 and P1 not displaying on the same scanlines properly given identical Sprite_Y's.

So the only things left to do for Version 0.015 is to alter the heart placer so that the flickering can potentially be observed with a few more objects on the screen. I should be able to handle that... tomorrow or Saturday. Going to bed soon. Had overtime at work all week so far, and Friday's shift is looking to be more of the same. It's usually our light night, but there are several people booked off for vacation!

Ah well. I need the overtime anyway.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=3794