IGNORED

AtariProtos.com 5 Year Anniversery

Tempest

Interesting that you should mention A8 'final legacy' as being a 'proto', i used to own the cartridge (before i offloaded it to some retro gaming shop years ago)

I do recall seeing the cartridge version of 'crystal castles' (A8 version) or at least the box on display at sillica shop (in TCR), weird thing is, i've never seen a cartridge version of A8 'Thunderfox' though I did once own the cassette version, I believe derek fern was selling 'Airball' for the A8 (Cart version only), there was a review of it in one of the later issues of page 6 new atari user (before they went over to A5 format)

I've seen 'dumped' versions of Jinks (rainbow arts) and Saucer (Atari, only osa/b only) available in emulator format

Final Legacy *was* released for the 8-bits, but there's a well known icon driven prototype version of it out there that I really want to get my hands on. It was only a proto for the 5200.

Crystal Castles was released in cartridge format for the XE later on, but it was modified a bit from the original 84 version and for some reason required 64K to run (the original only needed 16K). Crystal Castles was released around the time Thunderfox and Airball were.

I have the Saucer rom, I just need to review it (I'm a bit behind on the 8-bit stuff). Is the RA version of Jinks the one that Atari was going to release? If so I need a copy of that...

Tempest

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. Although I haven't posted it on the front page, the 2600 Rumor Mill has been updated with some new information on Battle of the Sexes and The Rescue of Emanuelle. I do plan on making some new updates soon, I've just been very busy lately. Not a great excuse I know, but it's true... :)

Tempest