IGNORED

My Vectrex has arrived!

theking21083

I have been looking into buying a vectrex for several years now and I finally decided that I am going to get one. I was looking on Atari2600.com and saw that they were selling one for $125. At first that seemed kinda expensive but I decided that it was safer then just buying one on ebay and hoping that it worked. It arrived in the mail today and boy was I excited to plug it in and play Mine Storm for the first time. I also orderd a VecFlash but I havn't gotten it yet. Hopefully I will get it on Monday. I think next I'm gonna spend my money on a light pen for it. I think that those games look awesome and my daughter would really get a kick out of them.

Edited by theking21083

Atari2600.Com is a good site to order from and they are the people i got my Atari 5200 from so you shouldnt have a problem and i think they normally have a 30-day warrenty on most of there systems.

The shipping might be abit high however due to the weight of the Vectrex and if you order any games as well.

Be sure to try and score yourself a copy of Star Castle for it or just find yourself a Multi-cart.I picked one of these up not to long ago and it was a awesome investment.Good Luck. :)

Edited by jboypacman

If you are looking for a Vectrex that is 100% guaranteed to work and want it right now, then order it from them. However, that seems a little high for a system with no games (except Minestorm of course) to me. I managed to get a nice one on ebay recently with 7 games for just under $90.00 shipped. :)

Ok so I orderd a VecFlash and am going to order my Vectrex from Atari2600.com. Now I just have to wait for all of it to arrive. This is going to be a long week waiting for everything. I'm really excited about finally getting a Vectrex. I figured that I will narrow my collections down to the Atari 2600, Colecovision, and Vectrex. I like having a huge collection but I decided that I will collect for fewer systems and have more complete libraries of games. I sole off some of my systems already but I still have my NES/SNES/N64/Gensis/SegaCD/32X/Intellivision/Atari 7800 to sell or trade. That should be able to get me alot of games.

If you are looking for a Vectrex that is 100% guaranteed to work and want it right now, then order it from them. However, that seems a little high for a system with no games (except Minestorm of course) to me. I managed to get a nice one on ebay recently with 7 games for just under $90.00 shipped. :)

Yeah I saw some nice ones on ebay but I am just worried about their condition. I want a Vectrex in excellent condition and I'm just worried that I will get a dud on ebay. I haven't orderd it yet but if I probably will by the end of the day so if anyone on here has one they are willing to part with send me a PM.

I just bought the Vectrex off of Atari2600.com and ordered a VecFlash. Now I'm really excited and can't wait until they arrive. Hopefully I will have them by Friday or Saturday. I figured I would just get the VecFlash now so that I can hold off on buying games until I build up my other collections for the 2600 and Colecovision.

I just bought the Vectrex off of Atari2600.com and ordered a VecFlash. Now I'm really excited and can't wait until they arrive. Hopefully I will have them by Friday or Saturday. I figured I would just get the VecFlash now so that I can hold off on buying games until I build up my other collections for the 2600 and Colecovision.

Congrads on purchasing it i hope you enjoy it,

i think its great :)

hope you do too.

Well so far I have been playing all morning. I only have Mine Storm until my VecFlash comes in the mail. Mine Storm is such an awesome game so it should hold me over until it does arrive. So far my best score is mine field 11 and 147,880 points. Now I have to go back to playing so I'll keep ya updated.

Edited by theking21083

Another tip: Download the scans of the screen overlays from one of the vectrex emulation sites. Then, have them sized and printed on thick transparancy film.

Voila! You get the entire set of overlays for every game for <$10

The transparancies make a huge difference IMHO.

I dunno, I like the plain black and white myself. Transparencies always seemed like a cheesy stopgap solution to me, reducing the brightness of onscreen objects and failing to sell the illusion of color unless characters are anchored into place.

I think the overlays have their own charm going with them.. I like the little coloured glow around objects you get with the overlays for instance. Looks awesome when you are playing in the dark.

But the plain black and white can also be nice sometimes.