IGNORED

Sniderman’s Atari “Mystery Beer” giveaway!

Snider-man

Well I guess this shoots down my plans for a new contest.  I was going to give away mint-in-box factory-sealed copies of Swordquest Waterworld, Quadrun, and Atlantis 2 to the first person to correctly guess what day of the week it is today.

Let’s see, I’ve given away – on these message boards – copies of Trick Shot, Lost Luggage, Pitfall II, Venture II (boxed), and now Tapper. Pitfall Harry has given away Crazy Climber and Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

So, I'll tell ya what Room34, if you want to rein in the good-natured ribbing and put a part of *your* collection up for grabs, I’d love to enter your upcoming giveaway – as will many others on the boards here.

I look forward to your upcoming contest.

:D :D :D :roll:

So, I'll tell ya what Room34, if you want to rein in the good-natured ribbing and put a part of *your* collection up for grabs, I’d love to enter your upcoming giveaway – as will many others on the boards here.  

I look forward to your upcoming contest.  

:D  :D  :D  :roll:

I'm more like a movie critic. I just deride the work of others, without actually doing anything of substance myself. :wink:

Actually, I would do something like this, but the rarest cartridge I own is "Gremlins."

I suppose I could have a "Gremlins" contest if you want.

Maybe I'll have a contest to see who is the best at soldering, and the winner gets to come to my house and fix the fried circuit boards on my pinball machine! :D

I do have a little "challenge" going. The only prize at this point is a listing on the "hall of fame" of people who've solved it. But it's a start.

Here it is: THE GAME ART NAME GAME

Shop right, you can get a case for $13 or less. Mmmmm...bitter brewed goodness.

Though, when I want to impress business partners, I order either Guinness or the obligatory Corona (complete with lime wedgie). I also enjoy Pete's Wicked Ale, Dos Equis, and Keystone (when I'm feeling *real* short on cash).

I used to buy a case of Keystone (great taste of a bottle, in a can, yeah right!) for $7.00 each. That was 8-10 yrs ago I think. I'd buy 4 cases at a time. Of course, I believe I drank them four times faster than normal too.

I stay away from cheap beer; it doesn't satisfy me so I end up drinking more of it. Coors Light is like drinking water. EDIT ANd when I'm playing my many 2600 games, I like a satisfying beer. Say, how's about a game of Tapper? END-EDIT

The clue? Well, I alluded to it here:

Want a clue? Okie dokie….  

UIJT TUBUFNFOU JT OPU B NZTUFSZ CFFS DMVF.

Though I never once said the coded sentence *was* the clue. ;) (I'll leave it to you to decode it. Move one letter BACK for each one.)

The clue was in the message. The word "shorts" appeared in there. Spell it backwards. ta-da. However, the contest didn't go on long enough for me to say "Go back to the beginning and try it in the other direction." (Which was a future clue.)

I used to catch a lot of Hell for drinking "Shorts" and that's why I used that right off the bat.