IGNORED

atari2600land's Blog - DTV part 2

RSS Bot

It was just a simple trick to get me and my sister to shut up for about an hour or so ;) . I was 3 and my sister Stacie was 7. The date was February 14, 1986. Either Mom or Dad hit the record button at 8pm on NBC and history was made. An hour later, Disney's DTV Valentine's Day special was on VHS, including all commercials (my parents liked to cut them out for us. I wish they would have kept them in.) Well, anyway, fast forward to about 18 years later. One little tiny post on the Retrojunk forums and I get all sorts of requests for this on DVD. So I start taping this thing and send DVDs off to all parts of the country. Well, wouldn't you know it, the VHS-to-DVD recorder broke and I had to start denying requests. Well, all that is going to change because I'm going to shell out money for a new one. I hope to get one just like the one I had because I knew how to use it. The first one was a gift bought a few years ago by my dad and I have no idea where he got it, so this means searching in places like Best Buy, Circuit City, etc. until I can find a machine that does this. This exact reason is why I posted the 'thinking about getting a vhs-to-dvd recorder' thread in the Computers, Science and Technology forum. Hopefully I won't have to search long and hard for one. And hopefully I'll figure out how to use it. I don't think I can figure out how to hook up a VHS to the computer and tape it that way (my computer is a piece of **** and it probably wouldn't work anyway.) But the VHS-to-DVD recorder I had was made by Magnavox and it lasted a couple of years, which is geezer age in today's technology. So I might go out tomorrow and search for another one. Wish me luck. ;)

P.S. I don't like the show. I usually leave the room and go play Atari while I'm dubbing it.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=3837