IGNORED

JagCF last news before the before the launch of final proto.

GT Turbo

Hi!

Sorry, Lars. I mistook your post as an attack on me.

Looking forward to Eerievale...at least for Dreamcast. Is it still in development for that console as well?

I ask because I figure on DC you'd add mouse and keyboard support, which I prefer for point and click adventures.

Yes, Eerievale is still in development for PC, Jaguar and Dreamcast. Possibly other platforms as well, but those will come later.

I prefer mouse support for adventures games too, so I hope to include Mouse and Keyboard support on the DC. I already have those accessories.

:) In the case of the JagCF version I hope to do that too. :)

King_Salamon:

Eerievale for the Jag was never cancelled, the website always listed Jaguar as target platform. I assume those rumors came up, as it's been a long time since the last screenshots of the Jag version were shown. This is due to the fact, that I am developing the adventure game engine for PC to later port it to other platforms including the Jaguar. That way it's easier to test and design the game.

You can be sure it will be worth the waiting time. :-D Adventure fans will be pleased with the game once it is finished.

Regards, Lars.

Guys, don't loose your time answering T2Freeker, he's trying to troll this topic with a question wich has already been answered a long time ago. Nothing new. Funny to see him concerned by rights, when you know he has been searching a pirate copy of Gorf.

...Badmouthing people are not welcome here on AA...

Look a the bolded statement (the bold added by me) and then look at the statement you made above.

1st you don't have your story straight -- T2KFreeker was not searching for a pirated copy of Gorf.

Your statement will most likely invoke more flames, so thanks for "contributing" to the discussion :(

Uhm, at least get it straight dude. I am not searching for a pirate copy of GORF dude since I have an original. One of the limited editions to be exact. Want proof, ask Gorf himself. As for me trolling, I'm not trolling anything. I am asking a question that I personally would like answered. It hasn't been answered. If anything, it has been skirted around and swept under the carpet, that's not answering. I say this now load and clear so everyone can hear I HAVE NEVER, NOR NEVER WILL ASK FOR A PIRATE COPY OF GORF. Keep spreading rumors like this man. Don't believe everything that you hear from certain people like Minux who also had no idea what he was talking about either. It was an old situation that was taken care of and just for the record, I was the one asked to make a copy of GORF, not the other way around. At least get your facts straight Pocket. If anyone around here Trolls, it's you with this back and forth crap you play between here and JSII. At least pull the knife out in front of your victim instead of doing this backstab crap dude. Why don't you tell the guys at JSII and Jay what you really feel about them as we all know a great deal more than you think with your super secret projects and crap that you think we don't know about. :roll: It amazes me how people like you keep trying to start up that JSII VS AA crap all over again. Don't ever PM me again dude.

Edited by T2KFREEKER

Guys, don't loose your time answering T2Freeker, he's trying to troll this topic with a question wich has already been answered a long time ago. Nothing new. Funny to see him concerned by rights, when you know he has been searching a pirate copy of Gorf.

It was not Freeker. It was Omf trying to get a copy from Freeker, whom actually paid

for his copy, BTW. Theough I wish he had told me right away about it. Get they story

straight, please.

Hi!

I didn't refer to you directly. Sorry if it sounded like an attack to you. I was merely upset about the attitude of some people regarding jagware and other developers topics like this seem to demonstrate. I'm also sick of the the whole situation developers are put into and talking about it.

Again, I wasn't refering to you. Sorry if you felt offended.

This thread just reminded me of many aspects of the Jag scene that frustrated developers of the past enough to leave the scene.

I just wished there was a way flame wars could be prevented in the future and it wouldn't happen again, that the jag scene looses more promising projects that way. That's all.

Regards, Lars.

Lars....the point is you blamed the customer instead of offering

A ) A refund

B ) A new copy

C ) Credit toward another title even

You only offered blame toward the customer and there CD drives.

The funny thing is if those same CD drives play other games than is

it not the quality of the discs YOU used? Let's be reasonable here.

If you are going to develop for ANY system, you might want to

make right with clearly a bunch of unsatisfied customers.

Hey man it wont make me look any better if you do. It's your

rep dude.

Hi!

I never blamed anybody. Some people accused me of selling cds that do not work even though they are working.

That is a fact. I merely said, the discs were tested and worked when I shipped them. I merely protected myself. If it sounded like anything else, that may be due to the fact that english is not my native language.

It's also a fact that I always tried to help everybody with problems and in fact those who contacted me about it got help and can play the game flawlessly now.

If people prefer flaming somewhere where may not see it and not even care to contact me about their problems, how can I help?

And as I mentioned before, all the customers that contacted me about problems were able to fix the problems or get them fixed.

It was either by using a different drive and the same CD, by creating a backup of the working cd to a media their unit liked better, or by sending them a new disc in case of the limited edition problem when the patch was not available yet.

Just because you may not see that on public forums doesn't mean it was not done. Why do you claim the opposite if it's something you can not know about?

Again, if people don't even care enough to contact me and prefer flaming my efforts, I can not help them.

Regards, Lars.

Hi!

I never blamed anybody. Some people accused me of selling cds that do not work even though they are working.

That is a fact. I merely said, the discs were tested and worked when I shipped them. I merely protected myself. If it sounded like anything else, that may be due to the fact that english is not my native language.

It's also a fact that I always tried to help everybody with problems and in fact those who contacted me about it got help and can play the game flawlessly now.

If people prefer flaming somewhere where may not see it and not even care to contact me about their problems, how can I help?

And as I mentioned before, all the customers that contacted me about problems were able to fix the problems or get them fixed.

It was either by using a different drive and the same CD, by creating a backup of the working cd to a media their unit liked better, or by sending them a new disc in case of the limited edition problem when the patch was not available yet.

Just because you may not see that on public forums doesn't mean it was not done. Why do you claim the opposite if it's something you can not know about?

Again, if people don't even care enough to contact me and prefer flaming my efforts, I can not help them.

Regards, Lars.

What I read in your posts did not come across that way.

Hi!

Hi!

Regards, Lars.

What I read in your posts did not come across that way.

I'm sorry if it came over the wrong way. Maybe it is because english is not my native language.

Maybe we should return to topic though. Afterall this should be a JagCF thread :D

GT Turbo or SCPCD, can you tell me if a C compiler is planned for the DSP?

Maybe this is rather a question for JagWare's developer forum, as I hope I don't start a new argument here.

If not, is the assembler similar inspired by the existing jag chipset or 68k, so getting started not too hard?

Another thing, you mentionend MP3 / Mpeg video in this thread if I didn't misunderstand it. Do you think the DSP will be powerful enough for it?

Just curious. :)

Regrads, Lars.

Hi,

Thats good news I guess but what about CF compatable software?

At this time, 11 projects are dedicated to the JagCF.

I'm really interested in how developers will put the extra processor to use, and how the games using it will play and look.

For developers that will be 'just another' processor, like the two risc inside the stock Jaguar, the differences come from the clock 96 Mhz instead of 26.6, some special and dedicated instructions ;) and a very big 'internal ram'. Not 4 kbytes like Tom, or 8 kbyte like Jerry, but 8 megs :lust: That means we can code a full 3d game just using the JagCF ram ;)

GT Turbo poulpe.gif

I gotta agree with Gorf on this. This won't even be the Jaguar anymore. It will be some other machine just using the Jaguar as a pass through for video or something. Why bother with that? If I wanted a completely different machine I'd just go get an Xbox or something.

All this stuff (games) supposedly coming out for CF, in my mind isn't even what I would consider software for the Jaguar, but software for some other completely different system that happens to use the Jaguar as some kind of pass through device.

However, if the CF can be used to develop software that runs on a STOCK Jaguar then that would be useful.

Hi,

Thats good news I guess but what about CF compatable software?

At this time, 11 projects are dedicated to the JagCF.

I'm really interested in how developers will put the extra processor to use, and how the games using it will play and look.

For developers that will be 'just another' processor, like the two risc inside the stock Jaguar, the differences come from the clock 96 Mhz instead of 26.6, some special and dedicated instructions ;) and a very big 'internal ram'. Not 4 kbytes like Tom, or 8 kbyte like Jerry, but 8 megs :lust: That means we can code a full 3d game just using the JagCF ram ;)

GT Turbo poulpe.gif

I gotta agree with Gorf on this. This won't even be the Jaguar anymore. It will be some other machine just using the Jaguar as a pass through for video or something. Why bother with that? If I wanted a completely different machine I'd just go get an Xbox or something.

All this stuff (games) supposedly coming out for CF, in my mind isn't even what I would consider software for the Jaguar, but software for some other completely different system that happens to use the Jaguar as some kind of pass through device.

However, if the CF can be used to develop software that runs on a STOCK Jaguar then that would be useful.

But the Jaguar is obsolete. Why would anyone want to make games for a stock Jaguar when they could do so much better? :roll: This is the comment made so many moons ago that irritated me and it looks like this is still the opinion being thrown around now.

Edited by T2KFREEKER

I would rather see developers pushing the curent Jaguar to the limit.

Look at the 2600. You had the Super Charger.....It had what....10

games made for it? All those games looked better too. Super Charger

games at the time were surpassing the typical 2600 cart but they still

never really caught on when you consider the number of 2600's out there.

Was there anything bad about that unit? No( I have two), not considering

the technology of the day, but most people either want to pop in thier CD

or thier cart in their stock system. Some will go through the trouble, but you

would do better coding a stock Jaguar as far as people buying your games.

MOre powerful games are not the only ones Jaguar fans will buy. Gorf is

a good example of a game that hardly takes advantage of the Jaguar

but many jag fans want to play on the Jaguar.You also have that platformer

Orion wrote. It's not using the ultimate power of the Jaguar but people wanted

it none the less. Surrounded is not doing anything so special other than the

main code stuff but people want a cartridge of it. A CARTRIDGE!!!! Knowing

what it will cost even!!! I just think you are going out of your way for a lot

less in return and really for something that just wont feel like the Jaguar

anymore. If you had an 060 out ther on the cart and disabled the 68k and

showed me all original jag games running on it much faster, then you would

have my attention for sure.

This is not to say you wont have customers but most will be waiting for games

and if these games are not deadly better than what the Jag can do stock, I doubt

the interest will last long. I think you guys should rethink this CF and make it an

060 accelorator board that maintains original game compatibility some how.

Then I 'd see the use for it as a jaguar fan.

I'm looking more forward to the ROM capability on the JagCF :D

Though it's a touchy subject, it'd be great to be able to put all my carts back in their boxes for display purposes (having 60+ carts next to your TV isn't aesthetically pleasing, plus you have to shuffle through them just to find the game you're looking for! I've nearly taped labels to the tops of all my carts :| )

It'd also save alot of $ for Jagfans who want to play Phaze Zero, Arena Football, SW2K, BHH, and other PD/homebrew projects.

And best of all, it could be used as an Alpine substitute and could store more than one ROM of your WIP.

As JagChris said, it's not very appealing to buy a JagCF specifically for JagCF games, but JagCF exclusive games would be a great bonus for those who buy it as a flashcart... could be a godsend to Jagcollectors and developers alike if everything works out fine :D

Personally, as a Jag gamer and collector to a smaller degree, I am having a tough enough time deciding on whether I should get a JagCD or not. The thought of buying another piece of hardware to play other games is not appealing.

I like the Jaguar carts out there and even though the new games are $80 or so, I have no issues spending that much for a cart. (It does help that new games are released once a year or so right now)

I don't know how I feel about this hardware... this is only my personal opinion.

Like a CT60 on a Falcon, if you shoot this kind of thing on an Atari computer forum, i think a lot of Atari fan will want to kick you, or perhaps try to mail this guy here ( http://www.czuba-tech.com/ ) and tell him what do you think of additionnal cards.

'Not if the JagCF can be used for that, the JagCF will be used for that too.

Another thing, you mentionend MP3 / Mpeg video in this thread if I didn't misunderstand it. Do you think the DSP will be powerful enough for it?

Just curious. :)

Waiting for SCPCD answer, but i have some idea of the power of the new DSP and i think it will be more powerfull than a Falcon CT60 and especially because some instructions have been done for this kind of thing.

GT Turbo

My apologies to T2KFreeker, it seems I mixed people in this very, very long flamewar thread on JSII. Someone just explained me that you had obtained pirate copies of other games from Omf first, so if this is true, it doesn't change much : a pirate is a pirate, isn't it ? And please, stop your usual crap AA vs JSII, nobody talked about this in this thread, and all this "we know more than you"... that's just... childish.

Like a CT60 on a Falcon, if you shoot this kind of thing on an Atari computer forum, i think a lot of Atari fan will want to kick you, or perhaps try to mail this guy here ( http://www.czuba-tech.com/ ) and tell him what do you think of additionnal cards.

That's exaclty what I thought reading these comments, today the Falcon community would be really, really sad without the release of the CT60 :)

Personally, as a Jag gamer and collector to a smaller degree, I am having a tough enough time deciding on whether I should get a JagCD or not. The thought of buying another piece of hardware to play other games is not appealing.

I like the Jaguar carts out there and even though the new games are $80 or so, I have no issues spending that much for a cart. (It does help that new games are released once a year or so right now)

I don't know how I feel about this hardware... this is only my personal opinion.

So just wait until it's released, and we will all know if it's worth a penny... or not :)

That's exaclty what I thought reading these comments, today the Falcon community would be really, really sad without the release of the CT60 :)

I don't know anything about the CT60 or the ST.

However this CF thing sounds like the equivalent of hooking up an Xbox to the Jaguar or something and just sort of parasitically using its video display to put stuff on screen. I don't see the point in that from a retro-Jaguar fan point of view. I would just go get an Xbox or something.

And after the CF comes out, the first moron who says 'Hey! look what we got the Jaguar to do!' after they've programmed something on the CF should be kicked in the nuts. Because that wouldn't actually be getting the Jaguar to do anything. That would only be getting some other, totally different, newer piece of hardware to do somethingm that really isn't a Jaguar at all.

As JagChris said, it's not very appealing to buy a JagCF specifically for JagCF games, but JagCF exclusive games would be a great bonus for those who buy it as a flashcart... could be a godsend to Jagcollectors and developers alike if everything works out fine :D

You're not the only one. I would be very interested if it can be used as a multi flashcart as well. I've already got a Jag flashcart, but this would be much handier :)

I don't know anything about the CT60 or the ST.

However this CF thing sounds like the equivalent of hooking up an Xbox to the Jaguar or something and just sort of parasitically using its video display to put stuff on screen. I don't see the point in that from a retro-Jaguar fan point of view. I would just go get an Xbox or something.

And after the CF comes out, the first moron who says 'Hey! look what we got the Jaguar to do!' after they've programmed something on the CF should be kicked in the nuts. Because that wouldn't actually be getting the Jaguar to do anything. That would only be getting some other, totally different, newer piece of hardware to do somethingm that really isn't a Jaguar at all.

Well, I don't think the CF is developped to show what the stock Jaguar can do, but to extend its features, in a new way. And at the end, the guy who will buy the CF will enjoy it (or not) for what it offers, not for what others think about it.

You should really start looking at the CT60 and what it has done : it gave the Falcon a second life ! And much more power you could ever hope a few years before.

(and no, I'm not saying the CF *will* give the Jag a second life, I'm talking about the falcon and what happened)

Hi!

Regards, Lars.

Good old Lars, forever the innocent victim. :roll:

You're not the only one. I would be very interested if it can be used as a multi flashcart as well. I've already got a Jag flashcart, but this would be much handier :)

I understand the need for HONEST people to have a way to play the games , yet preserve

the carts and the Jag from wear and tear but there has to be a safer way. The problem is,

regarles of the intention of the inventor of this device, it has very unpromising issues with

a good deal of us non-CF related developers.