My Lynx Flash Card / What do you think?

Lynxman

Hello all,

a little bit bad news:

My Computer crashed. :x

No datas lost :) , but i have to buy a new one. :|

Additional the workload in my job is rising up. :(

This means that you have to wait a little more. :ponder:

Please understand that i don´t want to sell the Cards before i finished the work.

Thank you for waiting and understanding. ;)

Kind Regards

Lynxman

Edited by Lynxman

Hello all,

a little bit bad news:

My Computer crashed. :x

No datas lost :) , but i have to buy a new one. :|

Additional the workload in my job is rising up. :(

This means that you have to wait a little more. :ponder:

Please understand that i don´t want to sell the Cards before i finished the work.

Thank you for waiting and understanding. ;)

Kind Regards

Lynxman

Perfectly understandable. My one question which seems to be the big questions around here is what do you plan to charge for the cards? Even an approximate number would be a big help to those saving pennies.

I have gone over this thread and have counted the number of times the question of cost was asked and I noticed that each and every time you have ignored the question. Is there a reason you won't give a number? if there is, is that reason a secret?

I think at this stage, when it is so close, giving us even just a ballpark range or a reason why you can't give a ballpark range would alleviate a lot of anxiety over what it will finally cost

thanks, and I look forward to being able to order one.

-MW

Too bad about the crashing computer.

Pricing hobby carts is always a bit risky as you don't really know what kind of yield you get. If you get several bad carts in a batch you need to either pay for the parts yourself or put the price of the broken stuff on top of the cards you plan to sell.

I have been thinking about things like these also when I was doing the devflash carts.

Besides the amount of carts is very small so you also need to put in the price for making the films needed for the PCB. After adding in all the expenses it is a bit embarrassing to declare a price that is a bit on the high end but still brings you zero profit. Such is life for developing small cart runs for the Lynx.

If Lynxman still does not have a clue of how many of these carts are good then I understand perfectly well why he does not want to announce a price yet.

--

Karri

I agree with Karri.

Although I can't match the experience of Karri and Lynxman, I can understand what Karri means.

For those wanting this, simply tuck some money away. I think we are looking at a few months away... before they are going to be released. I'd say grab $50 out of each check and stick it under your mattress. You can probably expect to pay $100... but tuck more away just in case. Whatever is left over can be spent for other Atari Lynx Goodies (homebrew carts... and other fun items).

Either way, I am looking forward to it!

BTW... I have a cool Lynx surprise to show off soon. :)

Edited by EricDeLee

I agree with Karri.

Although I can't match the experience of Karri and Lynxman, I can understand what Karri means.

For those wanting this, simply tuck some money away. I think we are looking at a few months away... before they are going to be released. I'd say grab $50 out of each check and stick it under your mattress. You can probably expect to pay $100... but tuck more away just in case. Whatever is left over can be spent for other Atari Lynx Goodies (homebrew carts... and other fun items).

Either way, I am looking forward to it!

BTW... I have a cool Lynx surprise to show off soon. :)

speculation over why he does not announce a price is just that... speculation. it is a valid question that deserves an answer and that is all I am asking for is some sort of answer, not just to be ignored like this question has been for months now.

I don't think he's ignoring anything on purpose. Busy man. I don't answer every post that is directed at me.

If it has been months now... everyone should have saved up enough to buy it! :)

I fully expect it to be double the amount normal homebrew/new releases are going for.

So... I'll save that amount and then make the decision at that point. I won't question the guy as to why he won't set a price. How can he truly set a price on something when it is not even finished? he could have multiple setbacks that will drive the cost up. You never really know.

I don't think he's ignoring anything on purpose. Busy man. I don't answer every post that is directed at me.

I fully expect it to be double the amount normal homebrew/new releases are going for.

So... I'll save that amount and then make the decision at that point. I won't question the guy as to why he won't set a price. How can he truly set a price on something when it is not even finished? he could have multiple setbacks that will drive the cost up. You never really know.

I am not demanding anything, nor am I expecting anything but a courteous reply to a simple question that has been ignored for weeks and weeks. everyone is very quick to come up with their own speculations and opinions and all I am asking is a very simple question that deserves an answer, especially if I am going to be paying someone money eventually.

there is no reason to be insulted by the question or to take it as hostility in any way shape or form. it is a simple and valid question that deserves a simple and direct answer, even if the answer isn't a price but an explanation as to why he can't give a price yet.

I am not demanding anything, nor am I expecting anything but a courteous reply to a simple question that has been ignored for weeks and weeks. everyone is very quick to come up with their own speculations and opinions and all I am asking is a very simple question that deserves an answer, especially if I am going to be paying someone money eventually.

there is no reason to be insulted by the question or to take it as hostility in any way shape or form. it is a simple and valid question that deserves a simple and direct answer, even if the answer isn't a price but an explanation as to why he can't give a price yet.

[speaking in Dr. Evil voice] The demand will be... one hundred... illion, zillion, gazillion, septillion dollars!!!"

You SAY you aren't demanding a price... yet... what you type is saying something different. Your comment: "it is a simple and valid question that deserves a simple and direct answer: is basically demanding something from the maker. If it is not finished yet... how can he quote a price? What if he comes home this evening and a pack of dogs stormed his house and ate the carts he already has made?! Won't that drive up the cost on the final product when all is said and done and another batch is createed?

I'm not insulted... I could care less. I personally don't think someone is ignoring you and the 'what is the price range' question. And... frankly, if he doesn't want to give a price until the last second: that is his right to do so.

Remember, he is the one putting the work into it. Consumers are always strange about demanding prices and wanting to know what the price will be. I understand it, but I'll never sit here and say: "Those boys over at Sony better give me the response on how much the PSP will cost... because I have the right to know that simple answer"... 5 years before they release their first PSP.

off of my soap box now.

You SAY you aren't demanding a price... yet... what you type is saying something different. Your comment: "it is a simple and valid question that deserves a simple and direct answer: is basically demanding something from the maker. f it is not finished yet... how can he quote a price? What if he comes home this evening and a pack of dogs stormed his house and ate the carts he already has made?! Won't that drive up the cost on the final product when all is said and done and another batch is createed?

Hello,

first of all, i am happy that so many people are interestet in the FlashCard.

Additional to the posting of Karri and Eric i want to add the following:

The main reason to develope this FlashCard is not only to make money.

Additional i want to support the Lynx scene.

But i think the price should be fair for both sides. I do so many work with it, if i do all this time working at Walmart i get more money than i every will get with the FlashCard.

And something is importent for all who are interestet. The FlashCard is not limited. As long as someone will buy one, i will make some.

So there is no need to hurry up and order it faster than your neighbor.

There will never be a reason to pay 300 Dollar at ebay to get one of it!

So please wait until i finished the work.

Kind Regards

Lynxman

You SAY you aren't demanding a price... yet... what you type is saying something different. Your comment: "it is a simple and valid question that deserves a simple and direct answer: is basically demanding something from the maker. f it is not finished yet... how can he quote a price? What if he comes home this evening and a pack of dogs stormed his house and ate the carts he already has made?! Won't that drive up the cost on the final product when all is said and done and another batch is createed?

Hello,

But i think the price should be fair for both sides. I do so many work with it, if i do all this time working at Walmart i get more money than i every will get with the FlashCard.

And something is importent for all who are interestet. The FlashCard is not limited. As long as someone will buy one, i will make some.

Kind Regards

Lynxman

this is the first time Lynxman alluded to the fact that someone even asked the question instead of ignoring it and I thank him for that.

to all those who chimed in on my question: I wasn't talking to you, & I didn't ask you anything.

@ Lynxman: I appreciate that you are not done yet and all I wanted was recognition that people have been asking and the question has been ignored up to now

thank you for the answer, even though it didn't answer much as to why you can't give a price, but that is ALL I was asking for.

so many people on forums LOVE to tear people down and berate them for asking simple questions, or coming up with answers on their own based on what they speculate, it is a huge waste of bandwidth.

Price is an important factor to weather I pay attention to this project or not. if it is too pricey then I don't need to keep following the updates and conversations about it.

that is all I am saying on the subject...

Hello,

Kind Regards

Lynxman

this is the first time Lynxman alluded to the fact that someone even asked the question instead of ignoring it and I thank him for that.

to all those who chimed in on my question: I wasn't talking to you, & I didn't ask you anything.

@ Lynxman: I appreciate that you are not done yet and all I wanted was recognition that people have been asking and the question has been ignored up to now

thank you for the answer, even though it didn't answer much as to why you can't give a price, but that is ALL I was asking for.

so many people on forums LOVE to tear people down and berate them for asking simple questions, or coming up with answers on their own based on what they speculate, it is a huge waste of bandwidth.

Price is an important factor to weather I pay attention to this project or not. if it is too pricey then I don't need to keep following the updates and conversations about it.

Hi,

here my five cents to the discussion.

The betaphase of the flashcart is not finished.

(I am Testing the cart).

There are some final problems, and lynxman fixed that at the moment.

Sorry - with one of the last tested functions it takes some extrahours to fix the bug. But thats the reason why i test the cart - to find bugs.

The Price....hmmm.

The manual is not finished.

the box for it is not finished.

and the last untested function could cause another problem - maybe or not.

so why sould he say something about prices when its not complete.

(there are some voices in the Aether and whispers "cheaper than DS - cheaper than PSP - power without the price")

Kind Regards

Mat

Hello,

Kind Regards

Lynxman

Hi,

here my five cents to the discussion.

The betaphase of the flashcart is not finished.

(I am Testing the cart).

There are some final problems, and lynxman fixed that at the moment.

Sorry - with one of the last tested functions it takes some extrahours to fix the bug. But thats the reason why i test the cart - to find bugs.

The Price....hmmm.

The manual is not finished.

the box for it is not finished.

and the last untested function could cause another problem - maybe or not.

so why sould he say something about prices when its not complete.

(there are some voices in the Aether and whispers "cheaper than DS - cheaper than PSP - power without the price")

Kind Regards

Mat

I of course want one when ready!

Hello,

Kind Regards

Lynxman

And you my friend... are portraying yourself as an ass that will never be satisfied.

"I wasn't talking to you and I didn't ask you anything." <--- Great. That is what a public forum is for. you make a comment, and we all chime in. Don't like it? Use the PM feature. Send him your demands for a price that way.

He made a post... he explained a bit... yet you STILL are not satisfied. :ponder: I guess you never will be. Here... the M.S.R.P is $199.99

Now... the start bitching about the price. Just like you will do the second he announces the price.

I'm done with this conversation. I offered a friendly point of view, gave an opinion, and recieved a pompous ass type of a response. LOL Fun Stuff! I've got better things to do than argue with you. In fact... arguing with you is just a huge waste of bandwidth. Your words and not mine. Aparrently you want no conversation within the forums. Simple answers and nothing else. Here's a quick question and answer for you: What is mustard made out of: Yellow Ketchup. (I love that movie....)

So... I'm done! LOL No need to lock a thread as I refuse to let someone bring me down further because he's being a baby.

Have a great holiday... one that requires no conversation or opinions. We'd really hate to waste your bandwidth Mr. Wolfe. No one was tearing you down... just offering opinions.

UGH!

• 3 weeks later...

@Eric, wow man, you really have a nack for blowing things all out of proportion don't you? How many posts did you make regarding my comments? more than my actual post count in this thread it almost seems... I'm going to ignore you from now on and I suggest you do the same to me.

@ LynxMan: I apologize if my questions were rude or out of line. All I am asking is that I be treated like a "customer". Someone who is contemplating spending over $100 on something you are planning to sell. If a "customer" asks a question, it is a good idea to give them an answer, any answer, but don't just ignore them and don't take offense and pressure from a simple question as to the cost of what you are planning on selling, as that is not the intention at all.

All I did was take notice that the question had been asked several times in this thread and was never answered, that is all I did and I fail to see how that is anything but being inquisitive and if it was interpreted as anything else, I apologize for anything that I did or said, even if I don't see what that was my self.

$100+ is a LOT of money these days and I don't part with it without asking a TON of questions. I have a solid reputation on line and off despite what old Eric seems to imply and I really do not like getting into mindless quibbles or semantic entanglements over something so simple as asking the price of a proposed product.

When you figure that out or even if you have a ballpark notion, it would be nice to know. Until then I will simply wait for you to actually start selling the product and I will most likely be one of the first to order it and pay you my hard earned money and be glad to have done it.

thanks

Edited by Mark_Wolfe

@Eric, wow man, you really have a nack for blowing things all out of proportion don't you? How many posts did you make regarding my comments? more than my actual post count in this thread it almost seems... I'm going to ignore you from now on and I suggest you do the same to me.

@ LynxMan: I apologize if my questions were rude or out of line. All I am asking is that I be treated like a "customer". Someone who is contemplating spending over $100 on something you are planning to sell. If a "customer" asks a question, it is a good idea to give them an answer, any answer, but don't just ignore them and don't take offense and pressure from a simple question as to the cost of what you are planning on selling, as that is not the intention at all.

All I did was take notice that the question had been asked several times in this thread and was never answered, that is all I did and I fail to see how that is anything but being inquisitive and if it was interpreted as anything else, I apologize for anything that I did or said, even if I don't see what that was my self.

$100+ is a LOT of money these days and I don't part with it without asking a TON of questions. I have a solid reputation on line and off despite what old Eric seems to imply and I really do not like getting into mindless quibbles or semantic entanglements over something so simple as asking the price of a proposed product.

When you figure that out or even if you have a ballpark notion, it would be nice to know. Until then I will simply wait for you to actually start selling the product and I will most likely be one of the first to order it and pay you my hard earned money and be glad to have done it.

thanks

LOL

No comment needed then I guess. Simply wait until he posts a price and quit bitching.

All you did was demand a price and basically callout the man for skipping over that question. Let's not forget that shall we....

wait for your ballpark notion... and then figure out if you can afford it. :roll:

Yes and OK after start pre order thread i will wait for your order.