IGNORED

Eternal Sonata for the PS3!

Tempest

Looks like the rumor has FINALLY been confirmed:

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2007/09/12/eterna...ps3-by-famitsu/

I'm really looking forward to this, as Eternal Sonata was one of the few reasons I considered getting a 360. If you think about it, releasing ES for the PS3 makes sense since the game will more than likely sell better in Japan than in the US (it's one of those niche RPG's) and the 360 is all but non-existent in Japan. I suppose they didn’t try to port it to the Wii because it couldn't handle the graphics, but who knows?

Tempest

if the Wii can't handle eternal sonata, which in my opinion looks good, but not that good. It reminds me of Tales of Symphonia for Gamecube, if the Wii can't handle that, then that system is even more shitty that i originally thought. Playing the demo on the 360, i wasn't overly impressed with the visuals, they were nice, but looked still like it could have been done on a previous gen system.

Yeah it's hardly a graphical knockout (although it looks nice to me), but that's the only reason I could think that they wouldn't port it to the Wii. Maybe Namco/Bandai doesn't have any dealings with Nintendo at this time?

Tempest

Yeah it's hardly a graphical knockout (although it looks nice to me),

I disagree, I think the game looks gorgeous. I thought the game looked like a Disney quality animated film. Simply stunning.

I've got the game coming for the 360 already. I would have picked it up for that system anyways if they were released side by side (acheivements!), but I'm glad you'll have the option of getting it now.

One PS3 game that has my interest piqued is Folklore. While not a traditional RPG, it's more like an action/adventiure set in a fantasy land (Think Labyrinth) and looks stunning as well. It comes out in Oct, and as far as I know it's a PS3 exclusive, so I'm definetly going to be getting that one.

Stop the trolling NOW.

Tempest

?? What is this in reference too ?? :?

You can't possibly dislike Folklore that bad. :cool:

my post was deleted as well as the other guys. A question was asked about my sig or whatever it is and I answered it. The other person obviously didn't read my response, thought it was direct attack against him, though I made no reference to him or anything about him or his post, and he went all berzerk, and started insulting me. So i kindly posted back that my answer was in no way directed towards him or his post, it was a general question that got a general answer and the person did not read it before they went ballistic.

I can understand Tempest being upset his post was Hi-jacked. But it was just a question being answered.

Edited by Atari5200

I played the demo for this on the 360 and really liked it. ALOT like Super Mario RPG. Anyone know this games origins? I'm guessing it has some tie in to an already existing RPG.

It's on my long list of games to get around to getting. Right now RB6V, BioShock, and Dead Rising are occupying my attention.

Ive put in a couple hours and all I can say is WOW. If you are a fan of traditional turn-based RPGs you will eat this game up. Everything about the game is top notch. I dunno who could think this game wasn't a knockout graphics wise. Back in the day when Dragons Lair came out, all us gamers had a shit fit when we THOUGHT we would be controlling a cartoon (turned out the control left a lot to be desired) This IS like controlling a cartoon. Sure we've seen this type of art before, but I have to tell you, this is sharp and clean and looks jaw dropping fantastic.

The game play comes off as standard turn based RPG, the fact that you can run around adds depth, but in the end the smaller encounters will feel redundant and may be a turn off for folks who don't enjoy this type of game. Me personally, I really like it. The fact that the enemies can also move around freely means that the action is broken up a bit as opposed to older games where the enemies are just kind of there. Also some enemies will change as will your magic depending on whether you are standing in the light or the shadows. Very cool.

The story so far is engaging and well voiced. (although unlike some other games you do have the option of skipping cut scenes)

Enchanted Arms had it's moments, but was mostly marred by some pretty dismal dialog and voice acting, as well as an over-all feeling that everything about the game was generic. (For me anyways) I get nothing like that from ES.

Maybe my biggest complaint in this game is that some of the dialog in this game seems some what childish, maybe a bit too sugar coated or something. The opening narrator sounds like he's introducing a Winnie the Pooh movie. Still I can tell this is going to be occupying all my time till Halo 3 ships. Hopefully I can finish it before then, but if I can't Halo might be sitting to the side for a bit.

All I can say is… Tempest, knowing your love for the genre, you should be very pleased with this game. It's a good thing it's being released for the PS3 or you might have had to buy the 360 as well!!

Edited by moycon

• 3 weeks later...

Finished this today...and by finished I mean I played through twice and snagged every achievement, and had a great time doing it! I'll admit I skipped 80% of the cut scenes the 2nd time through tho. If you've played a recent Final Fantasy game, you know about the uber creatures, these monster you'll come across that are super hard but for only the most leveled up characters. Eternal Sonata continue this tradition, there are area's that while you don't need to even go into to finish the story, you had to explore if you wanted to get the achievement for it. I'm not sure how that will translate to the PS3 since they don't have an acheivement system. I suspect if I had played this on the PS3, like Final Fantasy X...I'd just have ignored the super hard areas. Still, This is a great game, I definately got my $$$ worth on this one, I was so enthralled with Eternal Sonata..I got my first face plate!! LOL

post-544-1191901200_thumb.jpg

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I think you'll find the japanese faceplate alot nicer, considering its made from the concept art of the game...

trustybellfaceplace.jpg

It's a little too plain for my tastes.

I like how colorful mine are. White with a little red X just doesnt capture the spirt of the game for me.

I think you'll find the japanese faceplate alot nicer, considering its made from the concept art of the game...

trustybellfaceplace.jpg

It's a little too plain for my tastes.

I like how colorful mine are. White with a little red X just doesnt capture the spirt of the game for me.

Fair enough, personally im a bit of an otaku anyway so the cuter the artwork the more likely i'll pay out for it in comparrison to western artwork.