IGNORED

we need a meet

I recently acquired a Wii :) Now all I need is a proper television. Lets hear from the people, who is up for a meet? My game collecting has fallen way off since the twins were born but I'm always up for gaming, light trading and beer drinking. Seems like so many people come and go from the scene round here, chime in if you're up for a meet!

• 2 weeks later...

Well I did get a big TV, granted its a giant CRT from a thrift but it will be much better for gaming contests. Lets kick around the idea of having some sort of Wii Tourney, trading and beer drinking encouraged but not mandatory. Just a casual get together focused around playing games... Kirk, throw some contest ideas out.

haven't had time to peruse the Wii collection and think of a competition.

Though what if we tried to leverage the virtual console there? Some kind of multiplatform tourney? I'd be willing to buy some games.

i was going to say we should watch The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters but i guess it hasn't been DVD released yet...

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't been to a meet in years, but I'm living in CT again so I'd be up for rejoining the local scene. I'd even be willing to have people over to my house... Big basement with three arcades and a couple of game systems set up. Unfortunately I'm probably pretty far from most people. Either way, count me in! Have LOTS of good trades.....

CT, you say? If we were to do something at your place, I could probably take the train down there. That is, if you're willing to pick me up from any possible train stations you might live near?

I suppose that would be possible. I think AmTrak has a stop in Berlin, CT, which is about 10 minutes from me. If there was a group from the Boston area you guys could come down together... Or I could just drive up there like I used to do. Either way, it would be nice to go to a meet again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
CT, you say? If we were to do something at your place, I could probably take the train down there. That is, if you're willing to pick me up from any possible train stations you might live near?

I suppose that would be possible. I think AmTrak has a stop in Berlin, CT, which is about 10 minutes from me. If there was a group from the Boston area you guys could come down together... Or I could just drive up there like I used to do. Either way, it would be nice to go to a meet again.

Unfortunately, Amtrak might be going on strike, so scratch that for now.

And Christian, if you're planning a meet, try not to make it right before or after Easter weekend, since Easter weekend is AnimeBoston 2008, and that will leave me financially drained no doubt.

And Christian, if you're planning a meet, try not to make it right before or after Easter weekend, since Easter weekend is AnimeBoston 2008, and that will leave me financially drained no doubt.

Why exactly does going to Christian's cost you a bunch of money?

I think he means the money he usually spends on games. I know he is usually drops a bit of dough at these meets.