IGNORED

Mord's Blog - Getting Close for v016.

RSS Bot

After so many weeks, I think I have noflicker objects on the path to working. In fact it appears to be working in the rom right now. Just have to do some code clean up, then rewrite the object's AI and collision and test it out. I have those things shortcircuited for now as I was more interested in being able to load the freaking thing properly and make sure it wouldn't flicker.

While there were several changes I had to make in the object manager, and I changed the way I was going about it half way through, the things that caught me offguard and caused the most baffling problems were:

lda (DataLabel),y is != lda DataLabel,y

(Where DataLabel is a label in the rom. I should have known better but for some reason it kept looking right until last night when I was looking at a printout.)

And apparently inc/dec Absolute does not work on the superchip's ram. :)

Fixed that by reading the value in, adding to it, then storing it back out. It was messing up the roomloader as it tried to calculate where in the room's data the room object was to be found.

So yeah. This weekend I should have version 0.016 finished. I already know how the AI etc are going to work - and they're already written, sort of. They're written for the original way I planned to do noflicker objects. I just have to rewrite them for the new way.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=3889