IGNORED

EricBall's Tech Projects - Why yes, I am a geek

RSS Bot

After much procrastination, I now have potatohead's Propeller Demo Board working. Of course my super-duper display driver doesn't work yet, but now I can do my own debugging.

I am now the proud owner of a Dell 1320c color laser printer. I got tired of the ink drying out in my inkjet ('cause I don't do that much printing at home) and the Dell had the lowest consumable cost. So although I could have gotten the HP 1600 for $100 less, I save that much on the first set of toner cartridges.

It also appears SchedulesDirect is now down to $20/year and the code gurus have figured out how to get a TiVo gateway working with it. So now I'm trying to figure out how to get a serial connection from my family room to the basement so I can hook up my old TiVo. (My new S2DT is about to get very busy with the fall season. I think both tuners will be going full blast between 8 & 10 PM most weeknights.) The idea solution would be some kind of wireless RS-232 transceiver, but I haven't found anything really cheap. (Then again, $50 versus drilling holes or pulling cables, hmm...)

I also need to figure out how to relay the IR remote to the TiVo which is above & behind the TV. (So you have to put your arm up when sitting on the couch.) Maybe I can jury-rig something with some fibre optic cable. I found a website where I guy used it to turn an IR camera remote into a cable release.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=3891