IGNORED

Sparta DOS X Cart $151! Wow!

joeventura

Untested and reeking of smoke as well. :?

Price seems a bit low considering that past carts without box or manual have sold for.

Steve

Not to mention the fact that its got the original box, manual, warranty cards, etc. and not a tear on any of it.. near mint.

Even if the board inside is fried (very unlikely that it fried the Actual PCB) it takes an Eprom, a PAL (pretty sure someone has reverse engineered the logic in the PAL by now), a 74LS175, 4 caps, and 3 resistors. Oh, and a 28pin DIP socket.. Most expensive thing on it is the 2x25 position edge connector.

In otherwords, it could be put back "mint perfect" for a few bucks in parts.. Hell even if you had to clone the PCB... not a big deal and you could easily recoup your money by making more than one and selling a few "clones"..

What is kewl as hell is the plastic case that the ICD "piggy back" carts use.. Very well made, and very hard to find these days...

I think Steve will agree that a person could crank out SDX cart clones all day long, but getting that case injection molded is gonna be quite an expense.. especially if you had to have the mold remade..

$150 ?????

I'm looking at mine right now - in pretty much the same condition !!! I could never sell it though I use the damn thing too much.

I picked mine up of a chap here in the UK and I'm sure I didn't pay anywhere near that. Actually I don't think I *would* pay anything like that for one. Sure it's useful but there are plenty other DOSes out there.

Edited by spookt

I got mine new at a Federated store in San Diego when they first came out. It was a huge purchase for someone with limited money, being a musician and all at the time. It was the original 4.19 rev. Since getting a eprom burner about a year ago, I replaced the 4.19 rom with the FTe 4.22 rom with one change. I went through the rom code and replaced all the references to FTe with ICD. There was just something wrong with not seeing ICD on the startup screen!! That and my R-Time8 get daily use.

pffh.. absolutely not worth the money.

ok. I just had a look at the ebay item and yes it's a nice piece for collectors. It seems to be in a very good shape.

for SpartaDos X users however, I would not recommend to actually buy the SpartaDos X cart but the Atarimax Flash.

grtx,

\twh