IGNORED

SAVE MARY 7800 DUMPED!

Shawn

A 2600 version that only works on the 7800.

How is it different functionally from the 2600 version in the AA database? The first bank is nearly identical in both; the second bank seems to have three bytes more code in the "7800" cart. The third bank is similar but with some byte values changed (six consecutive occurrences of $44 become $34; four $06 become $0A; ten $F8 become $E8). The fourth bank seems to have six more bytes of code in the AA-database cart.

How is it different functionally from the 2600 version in the AA database? The first bank is nearly identical in both; the second bank seems to have three bytes more code in the "7800" cart. The third bank is similar but with some byte values changed (six consecutive occurrences of $44 become $34; four $06 become $0A; ten $F8 become $E8). The fourth bank seems to have six more bytes of code in the AA-database cart.

2600 Superchip games can run on the 7800 with the 7800's RAM and the full 6502 doing what the Superchip normally does with few code changes so that was often used for development purposes.

Basically it's a hacked version of the 2600 Save Mary to use the 7800 cart RAM instead of the 2600 Superchip RAM. The game itself is not any different.

I kind of surprised it's generated this kind of response, I've had the ROM sitting on my computer for probably 7 or 8 years. I guess I never posted it before.

Mitch

405 in 3 hours. I suspect these downloads aren't comming from Atariage. Must be linked somewhere or on a search engine (not google, yet anyways).

I'm sure Al could look at the logs and find out where the hits are comming from.

Edited by Artlover

Atari 7800 games have MARIA graphics by definition.

This game does not have MARIA graphics, but TIA graphics.

This is not a 7800 game. ;-)

Thanks for sharing though.

It only runs on the 7800, it's using a 7800 pcb, 7800 RAM,ect,ect. But thats cool, I'll just be sure to make a off comment next time you get a game that isn't dumped for the public and post it for everyone. :thumbsup:

Edited by Shawn Sr.

It only runs on the 7800, it's using a 7800 pcb, 7800 RAM,ect,ect. But thats cool, I'll just be sure to make a off comment next time you get a game that isn't dumped for the public and post it for everyone. :thumbsup:

Easy now. I'm actually quite grateful that you shared. When I first read the post, I probably got over-excited thinking "A 7800 version of this has been found????" Knowing how unusual it is to find a lost 7800 game, I was probably over-pumped about it.

I am really thankful you shared.

Cheers

Atari 7800 games have MARIA graphics by definition.

This game does not have MARIA graphics, but TIA graphics.

This is not a 7800 game. ;-)

Thanks for sharing though.

I'm sort of confused here. Is the only reason you posted this rom was so that everyone would thank you for it? If so, thanks but no thanks. People release things to be nice, not for the thanks they get (or more often than not don't get). Heck, many of us release these things anonymously.

I'm also not sure what the big fuss about this rom is about. This is a hacked version of Saved Mary that will run on 7800 boards, correct? How is this more useful than the 2600 rom that's out there other than to the handfull of people who might burn it to an EPROM and then to a homemade 7800 board? Still, it's nice that it's out there.

Sorry if I sound harsh, but your attitude (6 DOWNLOADS IN LIKE 5 MINS AND NOT ONE THANKS?) has really turned me off.

Tempest