IGNORED

Philip Price

Xebec's Demise

I'm sure if anyone had any contact information for Philip Price, they would PM me, right? ;)

About six months ago, I tried all sources available on the Internet with no results. So, if anything new has surfaced or if Phil has shown up anywhere, please let me know.

I would really like to get the AR cartridge project finally wrapped up, to honor what is one of the greatest Atari 8-bit and RPG games ever, by making an investment into it, but it really needs Phil's approval to do it properly and give him the credit that is due.

My plans are of offering a reward of about $1000 to the programmer that could complete the project, getting signed and numbered letters with a few words from Philip Price himself to be included with every limited and numbered cartridge, getting exact reproductions of the original boxes and documentation, along with setting up a professional Alternate Reality website where people could buy the 25th anniversary package, trade the original products, and maintain a permanent online competition there for playing the game cartridge. Mostly it would be a dedication to one of the greatest computer games ever.

Just think, if you could get me a simple contact, you would not have to see my AR related posts here as often anymore, as any spare time I had for spending on my Atari and AR hobby would be at the new site!

:D

Edited by Xebec's Demise

when i am reading wikipedia...he seems heavy into military stuff... maybe that's a reason why it's hard to get hand on him? no. just kidding.

"By the year 2006 he was working for Raytheon as a Principal Software Engineer. That work included Systems and Software work on future combat systems, next generation navy ships, strategic command and staff training simulators and other systems. Some of those tasks included spending time in Iraq in 2005."

but maybe a simple call at Raytheon reception could help?

when i am reading wikipedia...he seems heavy into military stuff... maybe that's a reason why it's hard to get hand on him? no. just kidding.

"By the year 2006 he was working for Raytheon as a Principal Software Engineer. That work included Systems and Software work on future combat systems, next generation navy ships, strategic command and staff training simulators and other systems. Some of those tasks included spending time in Iraq in 2005."

but maybe a simple call at Raytheon reception could help?

Thanks, that's worth a try.

I saw Phil a couple weekends ago at Area 51. He was working on a way

to bring up the propulsion systems of an alien craft that was raised off the

coast of the Alutian islands....surely I jest!

If he is working under government contract I'm sure they don't allow him

much if any contact with the general public for security reasons.

Amazing, after 25 years Phil might actually get paid something for his

masterpiece!

Does anyone know what I could get for the original floppies and manual

for Alternate Reality Dungeon? The diskettes and manual are in fairly good

condition, and I'll throw in a set of back-ups and character disk. I've already

beat it, and need some cash or I wouldn't part with it.

Does anyone know what I could get for the original floppies and manual

for Alternate Reality Dungeon? The diskettes and manual are in fairly good

condition, and I'll throw in a set of back-ups and character disk. I've already

beat it, and need some cash or I wouldn't part with it.

I paid $13 on eBay for exactly this the other day...