IGNORED

VIC-20 games?

StanJr

How hard are these to come by?  My girlfriend really digs an old "Dracula" game for it, and before I go in for the system I wanna be sure I can find games for it.

Well, I don't think you'll find many in the wild, although I do come across them occasionally. There were quite a few Vic-20 carts produced, especially from Commodore, and those are the ones you will find most frequently. You can also get good deals on Vic-20 cart lots on eBay, although sometimes those will come with a system that you'll then need to get rid of. :)

I don't think there's a huge number of Vic-20 collectors, so there's not massive competition for them like there are for the 2600.

..Al

Stan:

If the game your girlfriend is referring to is "The Count", I can vouch for it! It was the only Vic game that impressed me at all. It is a simple text game like a way stripped down Infocom game, but it really had great atmosphere.

I know a guy that gets a fair amount of Vic-20 carts, let me know if this it the game she's looking for and we'll try to find it for you.

as always,

Markimus of K.

PS: before finishing this post, I spent 1/2 an hour tearing my place apart to see if I still had it, sadly no, the only Vic-20 remnant I found was the Programmers Reference Guide (not a bad find in itself though!)

Remember dude, You have to use a codeword on the text games to fire them up

Sys 32592

Still remember after all those years......

Wish I had known Stan, I sold a system and a bunch of games for 20 bucks at the Philly Show!

:)

Cassidy

I will keep my eyes peeled here too. I do not have one of it to give you :(

"The Count" is my favorite of the old Scott Adams adventure titles (Adventureland is a close second). Even with its limited desciptions and two word parser, The Count manages to evoke a real sense of dread, especially as the third night draws closer. The VIC-20 was the first machine I ever played any of the Adams games on. :)

Just an aside. If anyone is interested in playing any of the old Scott Adams games on PC, they can be downloaded from Scott Adams' website. Just click on "Classic Games Downloads". You can also play them online at iFiction.