IGNORED

SpartaDOS X on Flash Cart

joeventura

There is no flashcart image that I'm aware of, and if I'm correct it wouldn't be possible to make one without a lot of work or possibly not at all.

remo,

that's not true. see here:

http://trub.atari8.info/index.php?strona=h...dx_upgrade.html

I'm using the 1MB cart and it works well here! But I experienced in the past some problems with different 130XEs .. don't know why, but some machines are supposed to have "weak" components. maybe steve tucker can explain that in more detail. so in case you have a different Atari available, try it and test out if it makes a difference.

good luck!

grtx,

\twh::taos

There is no flashcart image that I'm aware of, and if I'm correct it wouldn't be possible to make one without a lot of work or possibly not at all.

remo,

that's not true. see here:

http://trub.atari8.info/index.php?strona=h...dx_upgrade.html

I'm using the 1MB cart and it works well here! But I experienced in the past some problems with different 130XEs .. don't know why, but some machines are supposed to have "weak" components. maybe steve tucker can explain that in more detail. so in case you have a different Atari available, try it and test out if it makes a difference.

good luck!

grtx,

\twh::taos

Yes that is what I was using but was trying it in an 800XL, is a 130XE required to run SDX?

If so I can grab one off the shelf and try again.

Thanks

Yes that is what I was using but was trying it in an 800XL, is a 130XE required to run SDX?

There is an issue with SDX 4.39RC and Maxflash 8MB (not the 1MB version). To successfully boot the DOS, you have to create a custom config.sys. See this topic for details.

This will be fixed in the 4.41 version which is to be released.

There is an issue with SDX 4.39RC and Maxflash 8MB (not the 1MB version). To successfully boot the DOS, you have to create a custom config.sys. See this topic for details.

This will be fixed in the 4.41 version which is to be released.

Great news and thanks!

What is the expected release date for 4.41?

What is the expected release date for 4.41?

It should be released within a month (if nothing goes wrong :) )

great news!! I'm now using the upgraded SDX for a year or so, it works great! I'm looking forward to test the 4.41 ...

btw, why is there no 4.40 ? Marketing reasons? :-)

grtx,

\twh

btw, why is there no 4.40 ? Marketing reasons? :-)

Not really ;)

Since publishing the SDX 4.39RC, we have prepared a few temporary editions marked as 4.40 for beta testers. However, this made some people thought that 4.40 had already been released. So, to avoid misunderstanding, we decided to skip the 4.40 (a "development" version), while the SDX 4.41 is going to be a "stable" release :)