IGNORED

Atari Test Program

Guitarman

Can someone point me to or does there exist a full fledged test program to test all aspects of the Atari 8bit, including joystick ports, video, audio, mem, cpu, etc, etc....??? I'd like to have something to quickly and thoroughly test all these systems I got. It would have to be able to test both 4 port (400,800) and 2 port (XL,XE). Thanks!!!

Edited by Guitarman

Can someone point me to or does there exist a full fledged test program to test all aspects of the Atari 8bit, including joystick ports, video, audio, mem, cpu, etc, etc....??? I'd like to have something to quickly and thoroughly test all these systems I got. It would have to be able to test both 4 port (400,800) and 2 port (XL,XE). Thanks!!!

Do you have the super-salt cartridge and "test box" ? It was made by atari for production testing, as well as service testing. Looks like an 850 interface with a bunch of cables hanging out of it (one for each port on the atari) and it comes with a cartridge that runs a pretty good "gauntlet" of tests..

You may be able to still get it from B&C..

Do you have the super-salt cartridge and "test box" ? It was made by atari for production testing, as well as service testing. Looks like an 850 interface with a bunch of cables hanging out of it (one for each port on the atari) and it comes with a cartridge that runs a pretty good "gauntlet" of tests..

I have something in an 850 case. I'll have to take some pictures of it and perhaps you can tell me if it is a "test box" or something else. There are no wires hanging out of it.

Thanks.

Thanks!! Just sent Bruce an e-mail.