IGNORED

Original Flashback in stock at Radio Shack $14.99

I paid $5 for one at a thrift store. THAT was overpriced!

It's nice to look at though. I guess as a room decoration it's worth it ;)

So...tempting...to leave...a review...on that site...Must...resist...urge!

Edited by Emehr

The original Flashback in stock at Radio Shack $14.99 on their 'Red Hot Deals' page - it's listed as a NEW item, P/N 26-528

post-5887-1191880830.jpg

I agree that the FB1 is a POS. But there must be some point at which the cost of ownership is worth it just to say you have it. Isn't there?

No, not in this case. :P

I agree that the FB1 is a POS. But there must be some point at which the cost of ownership is worth it just to say you have it. Isn't there?

If you don't mind admitting you have one, then yeah, I'd say it's worth $3 to hold the controller in your hands and pretend like you're playing video games. It's kinda neat to look at the Mini-Me version of the 7800. Just don't actually plug it in, because then that $3 will haunt you at night and you'll wish you had spent that money on a gallon of fuel.

I don't get it $15 is over priced? Gosh I must be rich. LOL

Dude, get real its a POS.

I don't get it. What's a 'POS'? Google says it's a 'Point Of Sale' :D

[edit]

I think I get it, the FB1 has stupid remakes of classic games I guess

[/edit]

Edited by roland p

It's all in good fun. I'm quite aware of the tale of the Flashbacks (no shortage of threads there LOL) and have a great appreciation for Curt Vendel & Company's work. Frankly I'm pleased that this iteration sparked enough interest and cash for the FB2 (of which I own two) to be released. My FB1 sits humbly, but proudly, on a shelf next to my FB2. Had the FB1 been a product of Jakks, I probably would have passed it off to my nephews by now.

The Atari Flashback device seems pretty decent, but there are no 'killer' games on the system. Yar's Revenge and Food Fight are the best two, for me at least.

The cost of those two games, on EBay, would run you $15 with shipping. You can have it shipped to a local Radio Shack, for the same price.

Edited by cdoty

Unless somebody can finally tell me how to add an NES cartridge slot to the FB1, I'm probably going to keep my two just for the cases. They're pretty nice 7800-looking enclosures that would make a good housing for some sort of external 7800 upgrade (a MultiJoy8 interface, perhaps?), or even as a small computer if they ever make motherboards small enough to fit.

Unless somebody can finally tell me how to add an NES cartridge slot to the FB1, I'm probably going to keep my two just for the cases. They're pretty nice 7800-looking enclosures that would make a good housing for some sort of external 7800 upgrade (a MultiJoy8 interface, perhaps?), or even as a small computer if they ever make motherboards small enough to fit.

You can get 3.5" form factor single board computers now. A neat place to get an idea of them is www.made-in-china.com, they have a few. Not to include the power supply, though.

I've always thorught the cases were pretty slick, too.

Nathan

Sounbds like you're talking of PC/104 It is very small and would be completely self contained Ross in an IDE to CF adapter and a decent sized CD card and you can have a small PC that boots quickly. Getting video out, keyboard in, and mouse in can take a while if the board doesn't have the regular sockets.